SMPS SFBAC Mentoring Pathways Program
The SMPS San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is launching its seventh, yearlong mentoring program in January 2014 as a members-only benefit. The program, Mentoring Pathways, is designed to promote long-term leadership and career development through a one-on-one mentor-protégé relationship in conjunction with bi-monthly group workshops. Participation is limited to 15 mentoring partners.
Successful mentoring involves a dynamic process whereby each participant learns to respect and trust the partner's commitment, expertise, and individuality. A firm commitment to the mentoring process and a willingness to invest time and energy are important components for a successful relationship.
Protégés have the opportunity to grow from their mentor's experience with guidance and support. Based upon the feedback from former program participants, the experience was more than they could have imagined.
This program is for you if any of the following are applicable:
- You are ready for the next step in your career and looking for guidance to make it
- You have taken on a new role and need advice.
- You are new to the industry and looking for someone to guide and support you.
Mentors share their experiences and advice on such topics as career advancement, practice strategies, professional visibility, networking and overcoming barriers to career success, to name just a few.
We hope you will consider joining the program as a mentor, if you feel inspired to do any of the following:
- Share your expertise and reap the benefits from knowing you played a role in boosting
- Share knowledge about developing a career path in the A/E/C industry.
- Help a protégé to identify gaps in skills or experience that inhibit his/her current job or
from moving to the next level commensurate with career goals.
- Provide insight into the influence of politics and corporate culture on the protégé's job
and career path.
- Share knowledge and experiences about common mistakes/pitfalls to aid the protégé to
Applications for the protégé and mentor roles are available at http://smpssf.org/2013-mentoring-pathways/
If you are interested, complete the appropriate application and return to Joy Woo at email@example.com. Applications are due by November 20, 2013, and we will hold a Mentor/Protégé Meet-and-Greet session on December 5, 2013 at 5:30 pm (location to be provided to all applicants.
If you have any questions about the program, feel free to contact Marion Thatch, FSMPS, at 510.910.2509 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Joy Woo, CPSM, at 415.955.2874 or email@example.com.
300 California Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94104
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|