Season Pass for the remaining concerts in the La Follia season (from October through May)|
Keith Womer, director of La Follia, says of the upcoming season:
I am particularly excited about this upcoming La Follia season. It offers more diversity and more programming innovation than any I can recall.
- October 6 & 7, travel back to the exotic era of the viol consort and also hearing Bach's 6th Brandenburg Concerto
- December 1st, celebrate the 10th anniversary of KMFA's "Ancient Voices"live with Sara Hessel, featuring sackbuts, cornettos, and fagotto
- January 5 & 6, enjoy the third installment of "Herd of Harpsichords"including a newly composed work for 4 harpsichords and strings by Asako Hirabayashi
- February 9 & 10, in time for Valentine's Day, delight in noble and naughty songs of love with Ryland Angel and Meredith Ruduski
- April 6 & 7, close out with Bach's rarely performed masterpiece "The Musical Offering"
And it gets better! Within each concert, we have taken special care to present you with an inspiring experience that quite simply you will not find elsewhere. Sure, you have heard Mozart and Haydn, but have you heard it performed on instruments like the ones they actually used? Have you ever heard a cornetto or a sackbut? What about multiple harpsichord concertos? Join us this season, and all these treasures will be yours!
Some things won't change. Our artistic standards will remain high and our talent the best. We were delighted to have one of our concerts listed by the Austin Chronicle as one of the top 10 musical treasures of 2011. Several of our performers are Austin Critics Table award winners or nominees.International stars like counter-tenor Ryland Angel join us. Our dedication to offering you an entertaining, enlightening, and most of all inspirational experience will be the same as always. It's a Texas guarantee!
Our venue this year for all concerts will be First Presbyterian Church on 8001 Mesa drive. It offers good acoustics, ample and comfortable seating, full ADA accessibility, and safe, well-lit, convenient parking.
Concerts will be 8pm on Saturdays, and 3pm on Sundays, with the exception of the concert in December, which will be only on December 1 at 8pm.
Come enjoy the show. And please, please bring your friends and share the joy.
First Presbyterian Church
8001 Mesa Drive
Austin, TX 78759
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|