View site in English, Español, or Français
The fair-trade ticketing company.
Sign Me Up!  |  Log In
 
Find An Event Create Your Event Help
 
Southern Vermont Idol Competition
Loyal Order of Moose
Bellows Falls, VT
Share this event:
Get Tickets
There are no active dates for this event.


Event

Southern Vermont Idol Competition
Keene Idol has now become Southern Vermont Idol! For twelve years, the Keene Idol amateur singing competition was a signature event in Keene, NH. In 2016, producer Susan MacNeil, who has relocated to Bellows Falls, VT will present the 13th year of the event under its new name. Although the five-week time frame of July and August will remain the same and contestants do not have to reside in southern Vermont to compete, other aspects of the event will change in its new location beginning with the audition process.

Doors open to the public at 6 pm. Food and drink available for purchase upon arrival. Minors must be accompanied by adult. Smoking outside only.

Tickets at the door (if available) cash or check only.

  • Age Categories: Youth ages 6-12  Teen ages 13-19  Young Adults ages 20-30  Adults 31+. Age category is determined by contestant age during the event. For instance, if someone is 12 when they audition but turns 13 in July, they would be considered a Teen contestant.

  • Voting: One judge will be in the audience. Their feedback will count for 25% of total score. THE AUDIENCE will determine the remaining 75%. This means that the audience now has input about which contestants will compete in the event.

  • Registration: Register online with paid registration fee in advance or at the door.


Finalists will be notified no later than June 25. The competition begins on Saturday, July 9 and continues on July 16, 23, 30 and August 5. Prizes awarded at the August 5 finale. The event will be held on stage at the Moose Lodge, 59 Westminster Street, Bellows Falls, VT. For the purposes of this event, amateur is defined as a performer who engages in singing occasionally, paid or unpaid, rather than as a sole profession.

To be added now to the email list and/or inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact MacNeil at susan@svidol.com or call 603-313-0052. Net proceeds will benefit the Rockingham Arts and Museum Project (RAMP), a nonprofit organization celebrating 20 years of commitment to integrating the arts into the long-term sustainability of the community by creating effective partnerships that initiate and support accessibility, affordable housing, artist town meetings, public art initiatives and policy making.

Discussion

Location

Loyal Order of Moose (View)
59 Westminster St.
Bellows Falls, VT 05101
United States


Categories

Arts > Performance
Music > All Ages

Minimum Age: 6
Kid Friendly: Yes!
Dog Friendly: No
Non-Smoking: Yes!

Contact


Contact us
Email
support@brownpapertickets.com
24/7 Customer Service
1-800-838-3006 US, Canada, Puerto Rico
Resources
Careers
Press
Developers
Help
Ticket Buyers
Track Your Order
Browse Events
Locations
Event Producers
Create an Event
Pricing
Services
Buy Pre-Printed Tickets
The Venue List
Join the mailing list
Get spam-free daily notifications of new events in your neighborhood!
Customize your mailing list
Connect with us
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Watch us on YouTube
Read our blog
Get to know us
Meet the Doers
Use of this service is subject to the Terms & Conditions of Brown Paper Tickets. All rights reserved. © 2000-2017 Mobile EN ES FR