Scary Cow Independent Film Festival!
Scary Cow is proud to announce our 16th Film Festival at the Castro Theatre featuring Bay Area made films!
Please join us on March 3rd, 2012, to see a program of short films made by local San Francisco filmmakers. You'll be asked to vote for the best films and those films with the most votes will receive budgets for their future projects! Your participation will help us decide which teams should receive funding!
Following the screening there will be an After Party where we'll be toasting the filmmakers, mingling, and talking about our next projects. We'll also be announcing the major winners at this party! We'd love to see you there! Be sure to purchase a Festival Pass if you'd like to attend.
Scary Cow is a collective of professional and amateur filmmakers hellbent on changing how films are seen and made. Our films are of a wide range of quality and aesthetics, and a lot of fun to both make and watch! As a film co-op, we believe the best way to learn to make films is to actually get out there and make films with like-minded individuals. Every four months, we watch the films we create together on the big screen.
We'd love for you to be a part of our community and join us for the screening. Everyone is welcome. Come support local filmmaking right here in the Bay Area!
All ticket proceeds go directly to fund future films made by Bay Area filmmakers.
Screening begins at 3pm. Doors open at 2:30. Patron of the Arts ticket holders (see below) can access the theatre at 2:00pm for priority seating. Online ticket sales will end at 11am the day of the screening. Tickets will be available for sale at the Castro Theatre Box Office from 1:30pm to approximately 7pm.
Phase 1 Films at 3pm (made without budget from Scary Cow and under 10 minutes in length)
The Unfortunate Brother
What's the T?
Shiny Little Objects
Behind the Cow
The Life of Eric Richards
Intermission from 5-6pm
Phase 2 Films at 6pm (made with budget from Scary Cow)
Wild El Cerrito
The Dildos Eps 2-4
Sonnet Series Suite 1
Curse of the Black Lotus 2
There are three ticket levels available for purchase.
1) Screening Ticket ($15.00)
- This ticket level grants you access to the entire screening. Come and go as you like, you're able to watch both Phase 1 and Phase 2 films with this one ticket.
2) Festival Pass ($25.00) (These always sell out quickly, so grab yours early!)
The Festival Pass gets you all of the screening access of the Screening Ticket in addition to:
- Entrance to the Scary Cow VIP After Party held in the Castro Theatre's Mezzanine following the screening.
- Complimentary beer, wine, non-alcoholic drinks at the party.
- Hear the festival winners and budget recipients announced firsthand.
- Come mingle with the filmmakers and talk about your next great project!
3) Patron of the Arts ($40.00) (very limited number of these tickets are available - online purchase only!)
The Patrons of the Arts pass includes:
- All of the benefits of the Festival Pass ticket (a $25 value)
- Your own reserved copy of a Bluray/DVD of the day's program (a $20 value)
- A Scary Cow hat (a $20 value)
- Exclusive VIP pre-screening Champagne Toast with the founder of Scary Cow and other Patrons (please be there at 2:00pm sharp)
- Access to the theatre 30 minutes prior to doors opening. Get early access to pick the best seats in the house! Whenever you arrive you can skip the entire line and walk right in!
- The warm glow of knowing you're doing something good by helping to strengthen our film community and increase our budget pool. Every dollar helps and purchasing this ticket really goes a long way to help us cover our costs.
Lineup will be announced a week from the screening. Check back for more details.
For more information about Scary Cow, check us out at http://www.scarycow.com
Castro Theatre (View)
429 Castro Street (at Market)
San Francisco, CA 94114
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|