Scary Cow Presents PRIME CUTS: 5th Anniversary Film Festival Extravaganza!
Please join us on February 19th, 2012, as we celebrate Scary Cow turning 5! We have selected some our favorite shorts for a fun evening of Bay Area Independent Films not to be missed. You can find the lineup of our films at http://www.scarycow.com/primecuts/
Attendees are invited to vote for their favorite films of the evening, the best of which will win funding for their next film!
Following the screening, Festival Pass ticket holders are invited to attend our Afterparty where we'll be toasting the filmmakers, mingling, and talking about our next projects. We'll also be announcing the major winners at this party!
Scary Cow is a collective of professional and amateur filmmakers living and working in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our films are of a wide range of quality and aesthetic, and a lot of fun to both make and watch! As a film co-op, we believe the best way to learn to make films is to actually get out there and make films with like-minded individuals. Every four months, we watch the films we create together at the Castro Theatre.
We'd love for you to be a part of our community and join us for the screening! Everyone is welcome. Come support local filmmaking right here in the Bay Area!
All ticket proceeds go directly to fund future films made by Bay Area filmmakers.
Screening begins at 4pm. Doors open at 3:30 for Screening and Festival Pass ticket holders, and 2:00 for Patron of the Arts ticket holders. There will be a 20 minute intermission midway through the program.
Online ticket sales will end at 11am the day of the screening. Tickets will be available for sale at the Castro Theatre Box Office from 1:30pm to approximately 7pm. Cash and major credit cards accepted.
There are three ticket levels available for purchase.
1) Screening Ticket $10.00
- This ticket level grants you access to the entire screening.
2) Festival Pass $25.00 (These always sell out quickly, so please buy yours early!)
The Festival Pass gets you all of the access of the Screening Ticket in addition to:
- Entrance to the Scary Cow VIP Afterparty held in the Castro Theatre's Mezzanine following the screening.
- Complimentary beer, wine, non-alcoholic drinks, and tacos at the party.
- Hear the winners announced firsthand.
- Come mingle with the filmmakers and talk about your next great project!
3) Patron of the Arts $40.00
The Patrons of the Arts pass includes:
- All of the benefits of the Festival Pass ticket
- Exclusive VIP pre-screening Party and champagne toast with the founder of Scary Cow
- Early access to pick the best seats in the house. Whenever you arrive you can skip the entire line and walk right in!
- The warm glow of knowing you're doing something good by helping to strengthen our film community and increase our budget pool. Every dollar helps and purchasing this ticket really goes a long way to help us cover our costs.
For more information about Scary Cow, check out at http://www.scarycow.com and if you are interested in joining, we are holding a round of Information Sessions throughout February and in to March.
The Castro Theatre (View)
429 Castro St
San Francisco, CA 94114
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|