Post Production Prep for Indie Film Distribution
This new seminar comes hot on the heels of the incredibly successful seminar given by Jon Bonnell on Indie Film Distribution. You gave your feedback, we listened, and as a result, filmmaker Webb Pickersgill has created this seminar FOR YOU.
The technical and logistical requirements that a distributor needs in order to deliver a film can be very intimidating. You can choose to have the distributor complete many of these items for you, but it can be very costly and eat into your potential profits. This seminar is designed to go through the most common technical items of this delivery checklist and tell you exactly what you need for each item. (This seminar will only cover delivering digital video masters, not 35mm film)
We will cover:
* What is the overall delivery process? WHY does it have to feel so complicated?
* Video technical requirements: luma levels, chroma levels, artifacting, dead pixels, and more.
* Aspect ratios: converting from widescreen (and cinescope) to 4:3, pan and scan, letterboxing.
* Audio technical requirements: mixing & peak levels, M&E tracks, separate dialog, music and effects tracks.
* Exporting masters: codecs and file formats.
* Extra deliverables: text-less/title-less footage, bonus features, trailers
* Surviving "Quality Control" tests
* Delivery of other items: Music Cue Sheets, inventory of master footage, continuity script.
* Output to tape masters: types of video and audio masters, conversions, dubbing facilities
* Things you can do in pre-production to make delivery easier
* Things you can do in production to make delivery easier
About the Presenter:
Webb Pickersgill is an award-winning independent filmmaker in Phoenix, with credits in feature film, short film, TV, commercial and industrial. He works mostly as a cinematographer, editor and director. Specifically, he has worked as an editor on two feature films, "Running on Empty Dreams" and "Match Dot Dead", both of which required delivery for traditional distribution.
Phoenix Film Foundation
1700 N 7th Ave, Suite 250
Phoenix, AZ 85007
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|