HOPS! 17th Annual Oktoberfest Party
The 17th Annual HOPS! Oktoberfest Party will take place on September 20th, 2014 in the Bridgeport VFW Beer Garden and Hall located at 3202 S. May Street in the Bridgeport Neighborhood. You can expect to experience around 60 different craft and homebrewed beers. German food including but not limited to Brats & Pretzels will be prepared and served as well. See below for a constantly evolving menu and check back for updates!
All attendees must be 21 years of age.
THERE WILL BE NO DOOR SALES. NONE. ZERO. DON'T EVEN ASK. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
Ticket Sales end at 1pm, September 20th.
Event lasts from 2pm to 6pm.
Homebrewer's Pride of the Southside is a Chicago-based club for home brewers, with membership drawn from Chicago, surrounding suburbs, several additional states and a number of international locations. Our monthly meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month.
Menu as of 9/10/2014
- German Pretzels Kim & Scott's traditional Bavarian style pretzels Warning, They go FAST!
- Deviled eggs Sheila and Bob McHale
- Kugelis a traditional Lithuanian delicacy grated potatoes, sauteed onions, smoked ham & bacon, bound with eggs and evaporated milk. The perfect blend of carbohydrates, fats and protein!
- Jalepeno Poppers Matthew Hohl
- Sausages a selection of Bobak's sausages fresh off the grill
- Whole roasted pig from the China box
- Kassler German cured smoked pork loin
- Chicken beer can chicken fresh off the grill
- Asian Noodle Salad Mike Lane
- Krautflecker cabbage and noodles Bob Steinberg
- Kartoffelsalat I Potato salad with horseradish Mary Truscott and Klavs Dolmer
- Kartoffelsalat II Potato salad with horseradish Mary Truscott and Klavs Dolmer
- Mostaccioli Natalie Saldana
- Cold tomato basil salad vegan friendly Ken Knasiak
- Pretzel Rolls and breads from LaBriola
- Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Gianna, Vincent and Nancy Pawela
- Chocolate Pretzel Rods Mike Lane
- Afterburner Oktoberfest, Metropolitan Brewing
- Sidekick Extra Pale Ale, Two Brothers Brewing Company
- Domaine DuPage French Country Ale, Two Brothers Brewing Company
- Ebel's Weiss Beer, Two Brothers Brewing Company
- Oktoberfest, Atlas Brewing
- Church Street Brewing, beer TBA
- Finch's Beer Company, beer TBA
- New Belgium Brewing, beer TBA
- Vander Mill Ciders, beverage TBA
- Three Floyds Brewing Co., beer TBA
- Mad Mouse Brewery, beer TBA
- Motor Row Brewing, beer TBA
- Half Acre, beer TBA
- Revolution Brewing, beer TBA
- Haymarket Brewing, beer TBA
- Rock Bottom Orland Park, beer TBA
- Great Lakes Brewing Company, beer TBA
- Founders Brewing Company, beer TBA
- Lagunitas Brewing Company, beer TBA
- Allagash Brewing Company, beer TBA
- Belgo-American Wheat Ale, Klavs Dolmer (HOPS!)
- Saison, Klavs Dolmer (HOPS!)
- Cream Ale, Noel Wessely (HOPS!)
- Sumatran Rat Monkey Ale, Jim Behymer (HOPS!). A light-bodied American Pale Ale featuring Citra, Mosaic, and Nelson Sauvin hops. It kicks ass for the lord! 5.0% ABV, 38 IBUs.
- Chunderstruck Canberra Common, Jim Behymer (HOPS!). This is a steam beer reimagined as an Australian lager. Clear and golden, with Australian Galaxy hops. 5.0% ABV, 36 IBUs.
- 6 Row Weiss, Ken Knasiak (HOPS!). A Weiss beer made with 70% 6 Row malt and 30% Canadian red wheat. German Tettnanger and Spalter hops round out the sweetness while Safbrew WB-06 performs the magic. O.G.1.045 IBU 14.1
- IPA, Robert McHale (HOPS!)
- Sunshine Wheat Pale Ale, Tommy Saldana (HOPS!). Wheat, wheat and more wheat! Add a touch of Caramalt and Crystal malt. Northern Brewer, Willamette and Centennial Hops give a solid back bone to this beer! OG: 1.060, FG: 1.018, 34 IBU, 18 SRM, 5.5% ABV.
- Schokoladen Bananen Brot Bier, Tommy Saldana (HOPS!). With Munich malt, Wheat malt, 2 Row, UK Chocolate and American Chocolate malts. A low dose of Willamette hops for this beer. Banana notes are coming from a warmer fermentation of a Hefeweizen yeast. Keg conditioned with a pound of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. OG: 1.064, FG: 1.018, 12 IBU, 28 SRM, 6.0% ABV.
- Green Apple Riesling, Tommy Saldana (HOPS!). 5 beautiful gallons of a standard favorite.. This white wine is light and delicious. Try to get to it before your tongue gets blasted with hops! OG: 1.058, FG: 0.996, 7.6% ABV.
- Do My Stroke Two Times Belgian Specialty ale, Tom Mathews (HOPS!). Pilsner and wheat malt, Motueka and Waimea NZ hops, coriander & seeds of paradise, fermented with Belgian Saison and Witbier yeasts. Named in honor of Bronzeville soul legend Syl Johnson, the man whose house was built by Wu-Tang. Anyway the wind blows, this beer will be cool with you.
- Janet's Brown Ale, Mike Lane (HOPS!). Made with 8% crystal 40, 6% carapils, 6% wheat, 3% chocolate. Hops are Northern Brewers and Cascade, dry hopped with 2 oz. Centennial. o.g. 1.076 f.g. 1.011 abv 7.9% ibu 70
- Southside Steam, Tony Pawela (HOPS!). Traditional recipe that pairs the woodsy character of Northern Brewer hops with rich caramel malt. 4.0% ABV, 51 IBU.
- Solstice Wheat, Tony Pawela (HOPS!). A pale wheat beer with a sweet, fruity start and refreshing citrus hop finish. 4.6% ABV, 22 IBU.
- Apple Pie, Paul Werstler (HOPS!)
- Irish Cream, Paul Werstler (HOPS!)
- Step Leader Hefeweizen, Russ and Leah Chibe (HOPS!). Traditional south German wheat beer with notes of banana and clove, 5.3% ABV, 14 IBUs.
- Smoked Porter, Warren Lane (HOPS!)
- Hohl Milk, Matt Hohl (HOPS!) A sweet and creamy milk stout that most likely will make your face appear on a milk carton abv 7.74%
- Hohlapalooza Summer Ale, Matt Hohl (HOPS!). A summer wheat with a citrus touch abv 6.58% ibu 54
- Strawberry-Kiwi/Hard Apple Cider, Marty Carroll (HOPS!). Made with Indian Summer Apple juice (OG: 1050) and Dole Strawberry-Kiwi juice. The yeast is Red Star Côte des Blancs. NO SULFITES! The flavor of the fresh strawberry/kiwi juice accentuates the flavor of the cider as it is a stronger flavor than the apple. 5.0% ABV, 1.5% Residual Sugar
- Rye IPA, Bob Steinberg (HOPS!). Made with 35% rye brewed with Northern Brewer and Amarillo hops, then dry hopped with 2oz Cascade hops. o.g. 1.057 f.g. 1.004 abv 6.95 ibu 55
- Ellie Sue, Dan Reinholdt (HOPS!). Saison with rhubarb. Fermented with Omega Yeast's Saisonstein's Monster Yeast. Tart and dry. ABV 6.2%.
- Valyrian Pils, Dan Reinholdt (HOPS!). Grassy hops combined with a soft maltiness and a drier finish than normal for a Czech pils make a very interesting Bohemian Pils. Brewed at Rock Bottom Orland Park as a prize. Competing in this year's GABF Pro-Am competition in October!
- Salad Days, Andrew Wall (HOPS!). An English Golden Ale made with 100% Marris Otter malt and American hops. 4.5% ABV, 35 IBU
- 33 & Bitter, Andrew Wall (HOPS!). A Strong Bitter with an American feel due to the use of Ahtanum hops in the blend. 5.7% ABV, 35 IBU
- Bridgeporter, Al Nichols (HOPS!). Dark brown porter. 5.4% ABV.
- Chiporter, Al Nichols (HOPS!). Another dark brown porter but with an added kick. Dry hopped with Chipotle peppers for a little surprise in the end. 5.4% ABV
- Bunny's Toe "Saison", Brian Eichhorn (HOPS!). This is what happens, HOPS!, this is what happens when you f*** a Pilsner in the a** (with Brett). This is what happens 5.5% ABV
- Hubris v3.x Foreign Stout, Brian Eichhorn (HOPS!). Oops, forget to add some stuff. Oh well, it's a good beer. Drink it. 8% ABV
- Bitter Truth Best Bitter, Brian Eichhorn (HOPS!). All First Gold hops and a blend of Maris Otter & Optic malts. Light esters, Medium bitterness. 4.5% ABV
More homebrews and commercial beers being added all the time! Keep checking back!
- Other homebrews TBA
- Local, Regional and selected National commercial craft beers as well
VFW Post 5079, Bridgeport (View)
3202 S. May St.
Chicago, IL 60608
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|