Rod McGaha releases his new CD entitled " The Black Flower Project". A project of original material written by Rod McGaha. Along with Rod will be Nioshi Jackson on drums, Jerry Navarro on bass, Jody Nardone on piano and Don Aliquo on Tenor Sax. There will also be special guests, so come on out!
1. Be one of the first 25 to purchase tickets for the 7:00pm show, or for the 9:30pm show and receive 2 free CDs. "The Black Flower Project" and "A Gentle Man".
2. The next 25 tickets sold for either show will receive a free copy of "The Black Flower Project".
3. The third group of 25 to purchase tickets for either show will receive a free autographed poster of "The Black Flower Project".
4. Finally, if you are not in one of these first three groups, you will still have a chance to receive a free CD. On top of all of this, we will give away five copies of "The Black Flower Project" at each show, so hurry and get your tickets before the room sells out!
5. CDs will be available for $10.00. Autographed posters will be available for $5.00.
Rod McGaha is exactly what working musicians strive to be, a potent combination of virtuosity and unfettered artistic passion. But who are we to say so? Fair question. It has been said by more than a few that the good musicians know who are the good musicians; therefore -
Max Roach (jazz legend): "(Rod is) An important new and original voice."
Clark Terry (jazz legend): "When I first heard Trees (Rod), I got that same feeling I got when I first heard Wynton . Some musicians just have that thing!"
Jeff Coffin (Dave Matthews Band): "Rod McGaha is a one of a kind musician and has his own identity on the trumpet an instrument that millions of people play- and that's saying something."
Kirk Whalum (Grammy award winner): "Rod McGaha doesn't think he has the luxury of ever releasing music he doesn't feel deeply. I for one am glad that he connects us to his heart each time he connects to his mouthpiece."
Victor Wooten (Grammy award winning bassist) " Rod is a special talent. Whether playing trumpet, writing, or arranging, he speaks with a voice that is uniquely his own. That is why I use him on my projects."
Come out and enjoy a night of wonderful music with Rod McGaha and his band.
Nashville Jazz Workshop (View)
1319 Adams Street
Nashville, TN 37208