Ins and Outs of Running A Nonprofit
This seminar will cover the legal compliance requirements under state and federal law for nonprofit organizations, including:
- The legal duties of nonprofit board members
- The legal filings with state and federal governments
- Taxes and tax filings for nonprofits
- Business licensing for nonprofits
- Basics of employment law for nonprofits
- Basics of risk management and insurance for nonprofits
- Common intellectual property concerns for nonprofits.
This seminar is designed for nonprofit leaders, including Executive Directors, Management staff and Board Members., and attorneys who are interested in representing nonprofits. Come and get an overview of legal requirements all nonprofit leaders should know about.
Speakers: Brooke Johnson, Kampbell & Johnson; Scott Winship, Vandeberg Johnson & Gandara; and Liz Heath, Sound Nonprofits.
3 CLE Credits for attorneys, approval pending.
$110 for attorneys, $60 for Nonprofit Leaders.
The News Tribune, Baker Room (View)
1950 State Street
Tacoma, WA 98405
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|