For over three years Bowerbird has stood under the banner of "experimental" and has championed the multitude of perspectives that umbrella encompasses. OVER-NITE SENSATION offers a unique opportunity, for the seasoned and the uninitiated alike, to sample a broad array of artistic inclinations, all in one night. Artists from Philadelphia and far beyond will beguile the audience with free jazz, electro-acoustic improvisation, free improv, inter-media video and sound works, dance, euphoric drones, and psychedelic compositions.
1. Jon Mueller / Jim Schoenecker / David Bailey - hailing from milwaukee, WI, our northern neighbors provide pummeling frequencies to unviel the complex rhythms within
2. Nicole Bindler - moves through sounds of silence expressing the inexpressible
3. Bonnie Lander / Kate Porter - lovely sounds of strings and voice imported from baltimore
4. Jesse Kudler - resonant small sounds and an awareness of the spaces containing them
5. John Philips - an orchestra of sound and video at the intersection of technology and art
6. Troy Herion / Sean Mattio - quivering crescendos and ecstatic climaxes
7. David Fishkin - full frontal sax jams with an added kick from the low end
(menu order subject to change and further obfuscation)
Important notes: Set durations will be generally between 10 - 20 minutes, making for a quicker, but not exhausting parade of performances. Quig's Pub, the Plays and Players on-premise speakeasy, will be offering adult beverages and other libations throughout the night. Revelry will abound.
Plays and Players
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|