The Bookcase & the University of Minnesota's Bell Museum of Natural History present DAVID ALLEN SIBLEY
The Bookcase and the University of Minnesota's Bell Museum of Natural History are delighted to be welcoming author and illustrator David Allen Sibley to the Twin Cities on Wednesday, April 2 at 7:00 in the evening.
Mr. Sibley will be with us to help celebrate the release of the second edition of his best-selling book, "The Sibley Guide to Birds."
Used by millions of birders from novices to the most expert, "The Sibley Guide" became the standard by which natural history guides are measured. The highly anticipated second edition builds on this foundation of excellence, offering massively expanded and updated information, new paintings, new and rare species, and a new, elegant design.
The second edition offers a wealth of improvements and updates:
* All illustrations reproduced 15 to 20 percent larger for better detail.
* Includes nearly 7,000 paintings digitally remastered from original art for enhanced print quality.
* Expanded text includes habitat information and voice description for every species and more tips on finding birds in the field.
* More than 600 new paintings, including illustrations of 115 rare species and additional paintings of common species and regional populations.
* More than 700 updated maps of ranges, showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges.
* 85 bird family pages now cross-referenced to species accounts.
* Revised taxonomic order and most current common names for every species.
"The Sibley Guide to Birds" brings the genius of David Allen Sibley to the world once again in a thoroughly updated and expanded volume that every birder must own.
Bell Museum (View)
10 Church Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|