The San Francisco Pie Social & Blue Ribbon Competition is back and we are hoping you and your friends will join us for more pie and fun in 2014.|
What: 2nd ANNUAL SF PIE SOCIAL & BLUE RIBBON COMPETITION
Plus: Silent auction, live music from Paul Griffiths and Friends, fun for the kids, fabulous prizes for the best pies, and more!
When: Sunday, April 13, 11:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Where: Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa St., San Francisco
We are excited that several of our fabulous judges are back this year and that we have some new ones joining us as well:
Elisabeth Prueitt, pastry chef and owner of Tartine Bakery
Jessica Battilana, senior editor at Tasting Table
Jake Godby, ice cream master and owner of Humphry Slocombe
Anita Chu, Dessert First Girl and editor of Sated magazine
Lenore Estrada and Anna Derivi-Castellanos, pie mistresses and co-founders of Three Babes Bakeshop
Tickets: $15/adults, $5/kids for general entry; $25 in advance to enter the pie competition (rules below).
At last year's event, which sold out with hundreds of attendees and an amazing and delicious array of pie entries, prizes included a fantastic set of gourmet knives, gift certificates to some of San Francisco's best restaurants, cookware, and more! Prizes for this year to be announced soon.
Tickets will be limited so don't wait to enter and to buy your tickets!
Proceeds benefit San Francisco Community School, a K-8 public school located in the Excelsior.
Check out the fabulous auction items here:
Please visit us at my-sfcs.org and like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Francisco-Community-School/149502858411277?ref=hl
We look forward to seeing you April 13!
Pie Contest Rules (enter by emailing email@example.com, completing form that will be sent to you, and purchasing competition ticket once ticket sales open):
1. The contest is open to anyone wishing to bake homemade pie - well, TWO of the same homemade pies: one for the judges and one for the crowd, but submissions and payment (online through Brown Paper Tickets) must be received by April 5 to be included in the competition.
2. Contestants must make their own pie crust.
3. Those entering the contest need to have their pies checked in by 11:00 on April 13.
4. Special requests for pies, such as refrigeration, may not be able to be accommodated. Please inquire within.
5. We recommend that pies be baked in disposable pans only so that getting dishes returned doesn't become a challenge for those entering the contest.
6. Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
7. Top Three Winners will receive ribbons and prizes; Fourth and Fifth Place Winners will receive prizes and certificates.
8. If you wish to bake a pie and not have it judged we will be happy to accept it and sell whole or by the slice to raise money for SF Community School.
9. Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for entering your pies!
Note: To participate in the pie contest, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, and the name and type of the pie(s) you intend to make. Pie contestants will receive a confirmation and a participant agreement letter that needs to be signed and returned to us (email attachments are absolutely fine). There is no limit to the number of pies you can enter. Please note that there is a $25 entry fee per pie entry.
The Verdi Club (View)
2424 Mariposa St
San Francisco, CA 94110
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|