SMUHSD ParenTeen Speaker Series presents Dr. Michael J. Bradley
Are you concerned about anxiety and depression in your teens?
Over the past five decades, confirmed levels of anxiety and depression have increased 500% in adolescents.
In this two-hour program, acclaimed psychologist, Dr. Mike Bradley will address the following:
* Explains the neurology of the teen brain and its vulnerability to anxiety and depression
* Compares today's adolescent world with that of its parents
* Reviews the latest teen risk behaviors of sex, drugs, and violence, which relate to their excessive stress levels
* Shares research proving that an appropriate "dose of stress protects against the diseases of anxiety and depression".
* Offers a set of specific parenting strategies
* Allows for extensive audience Q&A
Michael J. Bradley, a licensed clinical psychologist with a doctoral degree in psychology from Temple University, has over 30 years of experience working with adolescents. In addition, he is the award-winning author of four books including the bestselling Yes, Your Teen Is Crazy! Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind. Professional memberships include American Psychological Association; Pennsylvania Psychological Association; and American College of Forensic Examiners. He is also certified by the American Psychological Association College of Professional Psychology for the Treatment of Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders (APA-CPP).
This presentation is for parents and staff of high school and middle school students. Dr. Bradley requests that Teens/Children NOT attend. This will spare them the discomfort of graphic content and provide a forum where parents can freely ask specific questions regarding their teens behavior.
Tickets available for purchase at the door the night of the event. Cost - $20 per person
Performing Art Center at San Mateo High School (View)
506 N Delaware St.
San Mateo, CA 94401
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|