Friday Night Circling in New York!
Circling is for those who:
- Want to experience and co-create deeper intimacy in relationship, whether with their partners, lovers, friends, or even co-workers.
- Know something is holding them back from having the life they want, but can't for the life of them figure out what it is.
- Desire more shared understanding with others, even when conflicts arise.
- Value being their authentic selves, both in relationship with others and the world at large.
What is "Circling"?
Shorthand for "Intersubjective Meditation", Circling is an ever-growing, ever-evolving, part meditation, part spoken communication, part relational artform, that creates a visceral experience of being seen and understood for who and where you are, moment by moment. It is a facilitated group practice where we acknowledge what it's like for us to be with each other, and what we imagine each other's experiences to be like, all while staying connected, getting shared reality, and tossing aside any hidden agendas to change or fix each other.
Why practice circling?
1. Circling brings us progressively deeper into our ever-changing experience of the world, and help us become aware of our blind spots--the places outside of our current subjective experience that we don't even know exist. It's like shutting off the humming refrigerator that you didn't even notice was running in the background, only that hum is the thing that was previously and covertly affecting how you experienced your own life!
2. The experience of being seen for who we authentically are is one of the most rewarding experiences we human beings can possibly have. We are wired for connection and intimacy with each other, and circling is a great way to cultivate much more of that while respecting and honoring each other in the process.
For more information, check out the videos below from Authentic World, Guy Sengstock, and Circling Europe:
Logistical Notes: Not everyone will "be circled" (meaning all of the attention is on them for a set period of time), so you definitely have the option of just witnessing and contributing as part of a circle.
Also, we will likely be hanging out somewhere nearby afterwards!
Date & Time:
Friday, December 6th
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm (We're starting at 7:00 sharp, so please show up on time. Doors close at 7:10.)
The TAI Group
150 West 30th Street
New York, NY
Cost: $15 online; $20 at the door
Buy tickets here: http://circlingny120613.brownpapertickets.com/
Any questions, email email@example.com.
See you there!
The TAI Group (View)
150 West 30th Street
New York, NY 10001
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|