2015 Women in Agriculture Conference - Saturday, February 21st.|
"Put Your Best Boot Forward" is the theme for 2015. Join us for the fourth annual Women in Agriculture Conference an engaging, interactive day - a day of inspiration, learning and networking with other women farmers. Learn who your audience is, what they want to know about your farm and what tools are best for you. This one-day event will be held simultaneously in 28 locations throughout Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Alaska.
Have you ever been asked, "Tell me about your farm?" It is more important than ever to be able to talk about it positively and with passion, no matter what you grow or how you sell it. Everyone has a story that needs to be told to promote agriculture.
Walla Walla farmer, Emily Asmus, will showcase how her farm, Welcome Table Farms, keeps their "brand" fresh to build interest and loyalty. Learn what tools and techniques are critical to their marketing plan.
Marketing expert, Erica Mills, will help participants develop a compelling way to describe their farm business. She will share her tools to help farms of all shapes and sizes tackle this tough challenge and you will begin writing your "pitch" with her Marketing Tree tool and see your five-year plan begin to emerge using her Marketing Inventory.
Whether you have been farming for several years or are a new or aspiring farmer, our conference has something for you. If you are a supporting spouse, student, intern or own an agriculture-related business, make plans to attend this event.
* Conference registration is $30, but if you register between January 10 and February 13, you will receive our Early Bird Special of $25. The conference registration fee includes the workshop, light breakfast, lunch and conference materials.
* Please note our registration categories:
1. Women Involved in Agriculture
3. Purchase an extra ticket and ensure that an aspiring farmer will be able to attend the conference. Your ticket purchase will be available for use at any of our event sites - Thank You!
* Attendance assistance is available. To request an application, send an e-mail to Margaret Viebrock at email@example.com.
* If you prefer to register with cash, check or money order, contact Donna Rolen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-745-8531 and we will send you a paper registration.
* Additional conference information can be found at Womeninag.wsu.edu.
* Persons with disability requiring special accommodations while participating in this program may contact Margaret Viebrock at the email address listed above.
* WSU Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local WSU Extension Office.
WSU Mount Vernon (View)
16650 State Route 536
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|