Join Sarah Wilcox, Program Manager of WA FarmLink for the WA FarmLink 101 Workshop. This workshop will give you a foundation for taking the next step, connecting you to resources, farm networks, ideas, and arming you with some "ground" rules and knowledge. Aspiring and beginning farmers of all ages and backgrounds are invited to attend. Coffee and cookies will be served.|
Not in the area? This workshop will be webcast live! Indicate you'll be watching via web when registering for the details.
This workshop will focus on:
- Where to start if you want to be a farmer or find farmland
- Options for obtaining farmland: lease, partnership, purchase, and other innovative transfer models
- Resources for internship and apprenticeships, business planning, production ideas, and funding
- WSU Cultivating Success Programs and other workshops, farm tours, and sustainable farming conferences
Washington FarmLink works statewide to connect aspiring farmers and landowners and help build sustainable farming operations. FarmLink helps ensure that working farms remain in agricultural production and helps facilitate the transition of farms to the next generation by connecting people with the resources and technical expertise necessary to achieve their farming goals by offering:
- a farmer/landowner matching service;
- educational workshops;
- a comprehensive one-stop resource center; and
- one-on-one assistance.
Washington FarmLink is a program of Cascade Harvest Coalition, a non-profit that connects farmers to farmers, eaters, and markets. To learn more visit, www.cascadeharvest.org
This workshop is sponsored by Cascade Harvest Coalition/WA FarmLink with a grant from the USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program and support from WSU Extension. Many thanks to workshop hosts, WSU Snohomish County Extension.
WSU Snohomish County Extension's Cougar Auditorium (View)
600 128th St SE
Everett, WA 98208
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|