1st Ward First Presents : The Wicker Punk Ball
PUNK ROCK MEETS LOCAL POLITICS bet you never thought you'd hear that one, huh? Well, consider it your reality on July 12, 2013.
Come unite with Chicago's 1st Ward First Organization for the first annual "WICKER PUNK BALL" a fundraiser celebrating freedom of artistic expression and community togetherness.
Why you should be pumped:
- Large-scale art installations by local artists Clayton Mayer, Mike Perzigian, and GL Joe
- Opening musical acts by Frank Lintzeris and Totally Wrecked
- Circus acts by Midnight Circus
- Live karaoke performance "The History of Punk in 5 Songs" - by Chicago's Bradley Bischoff
- Live musical by local punk band, "The Pocket Liners"
- Special musical guest appearance by the 1st Ward's Proco Joe Moreno
- Live painting by Chadwick Anderson to be auctioned off at the end of the program
- Professional photo booth to live out your fantasies
- Art and merchandise auction to follow program with donations from the Alley and various Chicago artists.
What it's all for:
-Percentage of proceeds to help 1st Ward First better serve the community and support local candidates.
- 25% of proceeds to benefit 826 Chicago and The Boring Store, a phenomenal community organization that creates opportunities for school age students to enjoy reading and writing. For more information about what the organization does go here: http://www.notasecretagentstore.com
The 1st Ward Schools that have already been served by 826 Chicago are: Burr Elementary, Chase Elementary, Jose DeDiego, Goethe Elementary, Lasalle, 2 Magnet, Lozano Elementary, Moos Elementary, Near North Montessori, Sabin Magnet Elementary, Pritzker Elementary, Rowe Elementary, Talcott Elementary, UNO Humboldt, Roberto Clemente HS, Wells Community HS
Here're the details:
- 21 AND OVER ONLY
- Location - Double Door, 1572 N Milwaukee Ave. Chicago
- Friday, July 12th, 6pm to 9:00pm (doors open at 5:30 and band starts at 6:30pm).
- Tickets $15 online or $25 at the door 1 drink ticket included. Visit www.brownpapertickets.com , search 1st Ward First Presents: The Wicker Punk Ball.
- Mohawks, Doc Martin's, and Ballroom attire encouraged.
If you're feeling extra generous, here're some awesome options for you:
- Rockstar Level = $2500 (logo recognition, and admittance of 10 additional friends)
- Mastermind Mclaren level = $1000 (logo recognition, and admittance for 5 additional friends )
- Lead Singer Level = $500 (logo recognition and admittance of 2 additional friends)
- Groupie Level = $250 (logo recognition)
So, come together as a community, get dirty, get weird, and express yourself see art and be art.
1st Ward First Independent Democratic Organization is a political action committee committed to supporting local candidates, bringing information to residents so they can make more informed choices and focusing our efforts on improving the quality of life for the residents of the 1st Ward.
We believe that politics should be for the people. We also believe that we should have fun doing good for the community. No stogy old man politics here.
"A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Elections is (or will be) available on the Board's official website (www.elections.il.gov) or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois." 1st Ward First Independent Democratic Organization.
The Double Door
1572 North Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|