Wednesday April 3rd
doors open 7:30
641 Queen Street East, ground floor
(cash bar available: beer/wine)
Sit back, and get the lay of the land in a couple of hours
with Joel (the man behind wellpreserved.ca).
Get a solid understanding of :
* the 7 different types of preserving
* what type of equipment you need
* how long this stuff takes to do
+ Lots of IDEAS to get you excited for Spring Preserving
Joel loves this stuff, he'll talk for hours about the possibilities of preserving. You'll leave with a good idea of what you need to get to started as soon as all the amazing spring produce starts showing up in the markets. You'll realize there are so many different options you will never be stuck with too many jars of strawberry jam (and you don't even eat toast) ever again. You might find a particular type of preserving you want to learn more about and obsess over for a while (don't get Joel talking about the minute details of fermenting, that's for another day). You'll also find out, it's WAY EASIER than you think and way more fun. It's really not a big deal, your (Great) Grandma didn't think so.
Come out and learn how easy it is to be Well Preserved.
who it's for:
* never preserved food before?
* made a few types of preserves but want to know what else is possible?
* like to hang out at farmers markets ( but don't know what to do when you come home
with way too much produce because it all looked so delicious?)
* been cooking, growing and preserving food for ages but think there
might be some ideas beyond the ones you've already tried?
(in other words, everyone who eats and can boil water)
641 queen street east, ground floor
toronto, ON m4m 1g4
|Minimum Age: 19|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|