March 05 2013 Meeting of AGILE-CT.ORG: Agile Coach Richard Kasperowski of NOKIA Corp
Richard set a record when he facilitated a six-week-long Open Space with his software development team. This is unique: they are the only people in the world to have held Open Space for such a long time. They pushed the limits of Open Space Technology, discovering both what it's great at and its limitations. Richard will share the highlights of what they learned: what worked, what didn't work, and the surprising results.
At this session you will learn:
* Open Space Technology: what it is, how to facilitate it
* The importance of a real problem for a great Open Space, and how Open Space is exactly the right tool for organizing a group of people to solve it
* How to prepare for Open Space
* A radical use of Open Space: use it to manage your team for extended periods of time
* How to facilitate Open Space well
* As a facilitator, which seductive shortcuts should you avoid?
* Unexpected positive and negative outcomes
Microsoft Farmington CT (View)
74 Batterson Park Road
Farmington, CT 06032