Introduction to Sewing Basics (+bonus Bag Workshop)
Title:Introduction to Sewing Basics & Bag Workshop
Start by learning the basics of sewing and finish the sessions by competing your own bag. We will begin the class by reviewing the materials, steps and sewing methods needed to construct a bag. From there, we will begin to further understand the various sewing techniques and materials that can be used in a bag. Students will also work on designing, simple pattern making and cutting.
6 sessions over 3 months.
Every other Thursday over 3 months starting in March:
Class size: maximum of 10
Materials required: approx. 1-2 yards material per student (provided). Thread, scissors, pattern paper, finishing materials such as rivets & snaps. All necessary materials are provided, however, you are welcome to bring personal material if you would like.
Who can attend? The class is open to anyone with an interest in sewing and design.
1. Basics of sewing. Research and discuss various fabrics and sources
2. Design review. Show stitch examples and working machines for various stitch types. Begin cutting a standard bag from a basic provided pattern.
3. Complete cutting bag and begin sewing
Complete sewing of bag. Finish bag
4. Sketch and design personal bag. Begin sewing & assembling personal bag.
5. Continued sewing of personal bag
6. Finish personal bag
Ponyride Building (View)
Detroit, MI 48216
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|