Seattle International Comedy Competition
17 Venues from Longview to Edmonds.
33 comedians from the U.S., Canada, UK, Europe, and Australia.
Over $10,000 in cash prizes.
Talent executives from CBS, NBC, and more: movie studios, managers, agents and producers.
It's America's biggest touring comedy festival.
The 33rd Annual Seattle International Comedy Competition starts November 1, 2012 at Naked City Brewing & Tap House in Seattle's Greenwood neighborhood, and continues until a winner is crowned on Sunday, November 25 at The Comedy Underground in Seattle.
There are two "preliminary" rounds of 16-17 comedians; each comedian gets 5 minutes to impress. The Preliminary rounds consist of 6 shows, and a combination of entertainment industry and celebrity judges and audience reaction determines who moves on when each performer's 5 best scores are tallied.
The top 5 comics from the Preliminaries make the semi-finals; all the semi-finalists win some cash, and get to compete for the title by performing for 10 minutes nightly for 5 shows.
At the last Semi-Final show this year for the first time at the Snoqualmie Casino the finalists are announced. Five get to go big, and five get to go home. After 2 days to recover and plan, the Final round begins on Tuesday November 20 at the Washington Athletic Club.
Week 2 comedians - Nov 6-12 2012
1) Pedja Bajovic (Zagreb, Croatia)
2) Kevin Bartini (New York, NY
3) Ryan Clauson (Hanover, NH)
4) Alex Falcone (Portland, OR)
5) David Gborie (San Francisco, CA)
6) Solomon Georgio (Los Angeles, CA/Seattle, WA)
7) Tyrone Hawkins (Tacoma, WA)
8) Barbara Holm (Seattle, WA)
9) Matthew Klein (Geelong, Australia)
10) Joe Klocek (San Francisco, CA)
11) Landry (Atlanta, Ga/Toronto, ON)
12) Ria Lina (London, UK)
13) Leah Mansfield (Port Orchard, WA)
14) Cory Michaelis (Everett, WA)
15) Dave Stone (los Angeles, CA/Atlanta, GA)
16) Shane Torres (Portland, OR)
17) Paul Varghese (Dallas, TX)
Unexpected Productions' Market Theater (View)
1428 Post Alley
Seattle, WA 9810-2414