|Saturday Nov 10, 2012 10:00 AM - Saturday Nov 10, 2012 4:00 PM | $50.00 - $70.00
Laurence Hillman - Exploring Astrology and your Dreams
You're invited to join dreamers and star gazers to explore your dreams as they relate to your individual natal astrological chart. In this workshop you will explore how your dreams help unlock the mysteries contained in your birth chart. A natal horoscope though unique and personal, often seems confusingly complex and rich. It can quickly become unintelligible with multiple inconsistent stories all present at once. When you add your dreamscurrent or past, recurring or unique, nightmarish or blissfuland weave them into the exploration of your personal story, then at once you gain new clarity. This can be hugely enriching and a completely new experience. Using archetypal language, you learn how to move seamlessly between your dreams and your chart and thereby find clarity where before there was none.
The workshop includes:
- An introduction to archetypal thinking, using the planets, dream symbols and Jungian thought as our guides.
- Learning about several case histories from the presenter's astrological practice where dreams helped unlock key issues for the client.
- Demonstrating the efficacy of merging astrology and dreams through a few case histories.
- Bringing in your own dreams (from your dream journal) and weaving them into your natal chart.
- Assessing how this new weave helps you unlock pieces of your history and how it can also be a guide to answer current issues for your future.
- A natal chart will be provided for you even if you have one.
- Mixed in with class and small group sessions, there will be time for reflection, journaling, one-on-one work and time to absorb the material.
Your level of astrological knowledge does not matter.
1. Be able to list how spiritual and other traditions have used dreams for self understanding throughout history.
2. Have a growing set of tools that allows for an understanding of how everyday human interactions can be resolved with dreams and/or one's astrological chart.
3. Have a sense of the universality of ideas that converge when several group participants' charts are viewed over the course of the workshop.
4. Have had a personal (or group) experience of how his/her dreams are reflected in the Natal Horoscope.
5. Own an accurate copy of his/her Natal Horoscope.
The format is a lecture/presentation with slides and sound, an introduction to the ten astrological archetypes and our personal inner "stage." We will use participants' birth charts (Natal Horoscopes that I will provide) and their dreams, and demonstrate how the two inter-twine. Depending on how many people sign up for the workshop we will either work one dream for each participant or those of several volunteers. The format here is highly participatory with guidelines and parameters set by the presenter. We will use the archetypal language presented the evening before and also our own understanding of the myriad of manifestations of the archetypes as presented in participants' dreams. The goal is to get a sense of how working with our inner archetypes strengthens our personal experience in the collective.
Dr. Laurence Hillman was born in Zurich, Switzerland and began studying astrology at sixteen, and has remained his passion for over thirty years. He is a full-time professional astrologer and specializes in helping his clients understand their deeper purpose and their life's calling especially in these challenging times. A force in the ongoing movement to merge astrology with depth psychology, his approach is practical and full of metaphor and Jungian insight.
He is the author of Planets in Play: How to Reimagine Your Life through the Language of Astrology, and co-author of Alignments: How to Live in Harmony with the Universe. Laurence holds an MBA, an MCM and a degree in Architecture. He lives in St. Louis, MO with his wife and two daughters.
For more information about Laurence Hillman's work please visit http://lhillman.com
This program has been approved for CEUs by the Washington Chapter National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Provider number is #1975-157. The cost to receive a certificate is as follows: Total of 6 units for lecture and workshop, $15. 2 units for Friday lecture, $10; 4 units for workshop, $10.
Note: Those wishing to attend both Friday's lecture and Saturday's workshop will need to register for the lecture separately:
Good Shepard Center, Rm 202 (View)
4649 Sunnyside Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|