This workshop invites participants to descend into their imagination with the intention of forming a deeper connection to the soul. Elizabeth will provide guided meditation and creative writing exercises as guideposts for this process. Participants are encouraged to choose a path that is both nourishing and safe, while opening their minds to new forms of their story. Please bring paper, pen, and notebook.|
1. Experience the connection between symbol-making, imagination, and the soul.
2. Use writing, reflection, and creative brainstorming to locate a core theme or story in your life.
3. Understand the different layers of story, and the power of learning how to frame "what happened" in a way that gives you a new perspective.
4. Experience the necessary significance of play and fun, and explore how to bring these into your life.
5. Using a symbol of your archetypal spirit guide within, further explore the benefit of Imaginal Meditation as a daily practice.
Elizabeth Clark-Stern is a psychotherapist in private practice in Lake Forest Park. Before embracing this beloved work, she worked as a professional writer and actor. Her produced plays and teleplays include: All I Could See From Where I Stood, Help Wanted, and Nana Sophia's Oasis. Her play Out of the Shadows was performed at the International Jungian Congress in South Africa in 2007, with the author portraying Toni Wolff. Out of the Shadows and her new book, Soul Stories have been published by Genoa House, a division of Fisher King Press.
Note: Those wishing to attend both Friday's lecture and Saturday's workshop will need to register for the lecture separately.
This program has been approved for CEUs by the Washington Chapter National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Provider number is #1975-157. The cost to receive a certificate is as follows: Total of 7 units for lecture and workshop, $15. 2 units for Friday lecture, $10; 5 units for workshop, $10.
|Saturday Sep 15, 2012 10:00 AM - Saturday Sep 15, 2012 4:00 PM | $50.00 - $70.00
Good Shepard Center, Rm 202 (View)
4649 Sunnyside Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|