Paddle, Party & BBQ for A Cure
Yes, this fundraising paddle event IS in October and yes, it IS on the water. There's a good chance you'll get wet from liquid sunshine or the water underneath you. But don't worry the excitement of competing with your friends on paddle boards will keep you warm and the locker rooms and shower will let you clean up and enjoy the BBQ! Bring the whole family! Juanita Beach Park has professional sand volleyball courts, a playground and lots of cool things to explore,
Ready to go? Use the orange ADD TO CART Button (mobile users click on Begin Order orange box)to register then come back and use this link to complete the registration:
Registration is a 2-step process that can be done in any order.
1. Register you and your guests with BrownPaperTickets.
2. Make minimum donation to Susan's JDRF Ride To Cure based on the cost per attendee you're signing up for. $50 for paddlers, $25 for non paddlers and $5/child. So a family of 2 adults and 1 child would donate $80 to JDRF. 100% of this money goes to JDRF!
NEED MORE CONVINCING? READ ON!
Compete how you ask? You'll compete in at least 4 events:
1. Relay Paddle Race- teams compete from sandy beach to water and back with a beach transfer from team member to team member. Rules? Yes. There are some, but not many!
2. Supine Paddle Race- Individuals compete laying down on the paddle board and paddling with their arms instead of paddles. Rules? Yes! No paddles. And maybe a few more
3. 8-person Paddle Board timed race. Rules? You must start and end with the same number of paddlers.
4. Obstacle Course- you'll be timed and challenged and awarded style points.
Want more? We just might think up a few more for those who can't get enough competition.
What else? A BBQ of course! We'll be BBQing up some brats and vegetarian options on the beach side grills plus some sides and beverages. No adult beverages are allowed on Juanita Park Beach but for those over 21 who like to finish a good competition with a great beer, the Brickhouse Pub across the street from the beach will be serving them up.
BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES AND A TOWEL OR TWO! Juanita Beach Park has large changing room/bathrooms and an outdoor cold shower.
Inflatable paddle boards, paddles & pfd's will be provided at no charge by our amazing sponsor, NW Paddle Surfers. But feel free to bring your own board too!
Juanita Beach Park (View)
9703 NE Juanita Drive
Kirkland, WA 98034
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|