10th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival On Tour
FRIENDS OF BUTTE CREEK are excited to have you join their celebration as they host their 10th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival on Tour in Chico! Explore 2 days of film, in 2 different venues, that reveal "A Change of Course" in all manners of meaning!
* SATURDAY's 'Rivers Matinee' at the PAGEANT THEATER on September 10th, showcases 8 films focusing on the fish, folks, forests, and rivers in Oregon, British Columbia, Appalachia, California and the Colorado River of the Grand Canyon. Feature film is "Martin's Boat", honoring Martin Litton, the pioneer of using whitewater dories in the 1960's on the Colorado River through the grandest canyon on earth.
* SUNDAY brings everyone back to the BIG ROOM at the SIERRA NEVADA BREWERY for the Big Event on September 11th. We have 9 incredible films of quests, powerful beauty, and why some places are worth preserving. Featured are "A Line Across the Sky" - a gnarly alpine journey across seven jagged summits in Patagonia; "Paddle for the North" - epic adventure of six rivers, three canoes, two months across the Peel Watershed in Northern Canada; "The Unknown Sea: A Voyage on the Salish" - a crew of teen researchers and their adventurous journey on the Salish Sea.
* Buffet at the Big Room is included in the price of the Sunday event ticket. Free drawings are back again. Bid for fabulous items at our Silent Auction. FBC merchandise has been updated. Visit displays by our sponsors. Beverages will be available.
* SEE EVENT INFO FOR LOCATION DETAILS.
* A SEPARATE TICKET IS REQUIRED FOR EACH EVENT. PLEASE BE SURE TO BUY THE TICKET FOR THE SHOW THAT YOU WANT, OR BUY 2 TICKETS FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND!
* MEMBERSHIPS FOR FRIENDS OF BUTTE CREEK - $15 Film Festival Special - show your support for the salmon and all the flora and fauna of Butte Creek all year long! BECOME A MEMBER AT EITHER EVENT AND RECEIVE A KLEAN KANTEEN PINT PRINTED WITH THE SALMON & EAGLE LOGO!!!! PINT IS PICKED UP AT THE EVENT ATTENDED.
Buy your tickets now, prices will be $5 higher at the door on Sunday, September 11th.
Celebrate the last, best run of spring run Chinook salmon, right here on Butte Creek!
Thank you to our sponsors: Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Klean Kanteen, Rail Riders, Sacramento River Preservation Trust, Ken Davis, River Valley Enterprises, The Nature Conservancy, FISHBIO, Cal Trout, Keen, EarthJustice, Orion Magazine, Clif Bar, Patagonia, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly.
Pageant Theater (Sat) Sierra Nevada Brewery Big Room (Sun) (View)
351 E. 6th St (Sat) &1075 E. 20 th St. (Sun)
Chico, CA 95928