Forensic DNA Relationship Training: General & Advanced Sessions
September 19, 2016 - 9:00 AM to September 22, 2016 - 4:00 PM
Marshall University Forensic Science Center offers Forensic Relationship Training, as part of our Forensic DNA Training Program. Laboratory analysts interested in implementing cases related to relationships (paternity/maternity, body identification, reconstructions, etc.) into their current workflow will benefit from the training sessions we provide.
Our goal is to provide agencies the requisite knowledge and training to perform relationship comparison cases instead of out-sourcing these case types.
SESSION 1 - GENERAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Sept. 19, 2016 - 9:00AM to Sept 20, 2016 - 4:00PM
Previous experience in relationship comparisons is not required for Session 1, though individuals should have a basic knowledge of forensic DNA applications.
- History & Evolution of Relationship Testing
- Statistics Review + Relationship Specific Statistics
- Standard Trio, Single Parent & Reverse Comparisons
- Relevant Standards in Relationship Testing
- Reporting and Testifying to Results
SESSION 2 - ADVANCED RELATIONSHIPS
Sept. 21, 2016 - 9:00AM to Sept 22, 2016 - 4:00PM
Previous experience in relationship comparisons is highly recommended for Session 2. This is a statistically heavy training.
- Statistics Review of General Relationships
- Full Siblings, Half Siblings & Multi Sibling
- Grand Parentage
- Avuncular & Multi Avuncular
- Mass Disaster Identifications
- Familial Searching
- All attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- Attendees can voluntarily participate in a post-training test. Any attendees scoring 80% or higher on the test will also receive a Certificate of Successful Completion.
- Attendees are responsible for procuring travel arrangements, lodging, and meals for their training sessions at the Marshall University Forensic Science Center.
Pay Via Purchase Order:
If you are unable to register online with a credit card we are able to accommodate Purchase Orders. Payment with a Purchase Order will void any discounted pricing as posted online. Please contact MUFSC at 304-691-8957 with questions regarding Purchase Orders.
Marshall University Forensic Science Center (View)
1401 Forensic Science Drive
Huntington, WV 25701
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|