The Great Burlesque Exposition
The annual Great Burlesque Exposition is a weekend-long conference and festival focused on the art of burlesque.
Our conference attracts performers interested in Burlesque from around the world, as well as an enthusiastic local attendance. It features dance classes, theater classes, costuming and makeup classes, as well as professional skills such as writing a press release, speaking to the press, and protecting your intellectual property. It's a great place to learn about a growing art form as well as a good opportunity to grow your business savvy regardless of your performing art of choice.
Our shows are second-to-none, showcasing a wide range of talents and performers.
* Friday, April 6: The Rhinestone Review features past years winners, invited guests, and legends of burlesque! Please note: The Rhinestone Review takes place at The Cambridge YMCA Theatre, 820 Mass. Ave in Central Square
* Saturday, April 7: The Main Event Our prestigious competition! A battle royale between some of the best-of-the-best!
* Sunday, April 8: The Original Newcomers Showcase & The Sideshow Ball First, the rising stars of burlesque get a chance to shine, and then all of the wonderful freaks, geeks, and weirdoes that accompany burlesque performers get their turn in the limelight!
Plus our Art Show, our Costume Exhibit, and more!
Come to THE EXHIBITS
An Exhibit Pass get you admission to the vendor hall and exhibits on Saturday, April 7 from noon to 8 p.m.. It includes:
* The Art Show
* The Costume Exhibit
* Shopping at The Vintage Fashion Fair
* Free drop-in beginner burlesque classes, sponsored by The Boston Academy of Burlesque Education
* The "Meet The Legends" session on Saturday, April 7 at noon.
Buy a Weekend Pass -- THE WHOLE SHEBANG!
The Whole Shebang includes...
- The Rhinestone Review on Friday, April 6
- The Conference sessions on Saturday, April 7 & Sunday, April 8
- Breakfast on Saturday, April 7 & Sunday, April 8
- Any drop-in class on Saturday, April 7
- The Lunch With The Legends plenary session on Saturday, April 7
- The Vendor exhibit, Art Show, and Costume Exhibit on Saturday, April 7
- The Main Event Competition on Saturday, April 7
- The Naked Girls Reading Salon at midnight on Friday, April 6
- The Pool Party after The Main Event
- The Sideshow Ball & The Newcomers Showcase on Sunday night, April 8
Please note that The Whole Shebang does not include:
- Your hotel room
- Meals other than breakfast
- Materials fees for workshops
- Master Classes
Hyatt Regency Hotel Cambridge (View)
575 Memorial Dr
Cambridge, MA 02139
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|
Apr 08, 2012 6:26 PM
Apr 08, 2012 5:49 PM
Apr 08, 2012 5:12 PM
Apr 08, 2012 5:12 PM
Apr 08, 2012 5:07 PM
Apr 08, 2012 4:41 PM