Lighting for Modern Indie Cinema with Anthony Miles
The basics of 3 point lighting have been around since early cinema. However, the tools of the modern trade are ever changing which allow us to continually re-invent our artistic approach. Learn how to use modern light sources and how to vary them to create scene aesthetics and mood.
What Will Be Covered
- 3 Point lighting Key, Fill, Backlight or separation.
- Contrast & control
- Speed set ups using hard light. Using soft light on close ups for a pleasing aesthetic.
- Basic Grip Technique
- Lighting control and modification
Lighting Sources Covered
- Tungsten & Fresnels
- Fluorescent sources, cool low power, color temperature changeable.
- LED based sources, fast cool, low power
- The Natural Choice Why many Pros prefer daylight balanced shooting.
- Gels & Color Correction
- Interview lighting for documentary lighting ads credibility.
- Indie tips, creating pro looks on the cheap.
- See the new Sony Super 35 mm NEX FS100
This Workshop Is Sponsored By Collins College.
About Anthony Miles
Anthony T. Miles has been shooting, directing, lighting and editing industrial films, TV commercials, shorts and feature films since 1992.
After working on the 2001 feature film "Ice Cold In Phoenix", veteran producer/director Lindsay Craig Shonteff, who has directed more than 20 feature films, was quoted as saying that "Anthony is the best DP/cameraman I have worked with in my feature film career." This continued on with Anthony Shooting the LA based feature, "Angels, Devil's and Men" in Arizona, Mr. Shonteff's last film project.
Whenever possible, Anthony contributes his services to community organizations such as The Foundation Fighting Blindness, Down Syndrome Network with multiple free PSA TV commercials and to the "Break the Chain Foundation" including producing a video documentary promoting the support and community involvement of "Break the Chain of Child Abuse" as well as personally raising funds to support the cause and others such as MDA.
He also enjoys helping aspiring video and lmmakers, and offers professional training on the production process, including camera, lighting & editing.
Anthony can be reached through his production company 4th Wall Productions, LLC 602-568-8652 firstname.lastname@example.org
Collins College 14th Street Studios
1425 W. 14th St.
Tempe, AZ 85281
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|