RECSI October Dinner Meeting
Join us for an evening discussing...
The coming Bay Area Earthquake, 2010 update of the scenario
for a Magnitude 7.0 earthquake on the Hayward Fault.
- The online version of this report is now available at: http://www.eerinc.org/?p=856
- The 2010 update of the scenario is a Call to Action for the San Francisco
- As the document states: "Ten years into the new century, we have not yet
reached an acceptable level of seismic safety."
- It is clearly necessary for earthquake design and structural professionals
to continue their advocacy.
- The goal of the Hayward Fault Initiative is to promote risk reduction locally,
by providing updated information on the consequences of a Hayward
Fault earthquake and actively encouraging risk reduction programs.
- Impacts to our area as a result of our local Rogers Fault will also be
Janiele Maffei has over thirty years of experience. Her experience includes the design of new buildings, provision of seismic evaluation studies, retrofit schemes, design of equipment anchorage, preparation of construction documents, and construction administration. Ms. Maffei also served on the board of directors of the Structural Engineers
Association of Northern California from 1995-1997. She is currently President of the Northern California Chapter of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute.
After over thirty years in the structural engineering profession, Ms. Maffei joined the California Earthquake Authority in May 2011 as Chief Mitigation Officer. As CMO, Ms. Maffei is responsible for a statewide single family
EERI-NC MISSION: The EERI NC Chapter is dedicated to reducing the earthquake risk in Northern California by advancing the science and practice of earthquake engineering by improving understanding of the impact of earthquakes on the physical, social, economic, political and cultural environment and by advocating comprehensive and realistic measures for reducing the harmful effects of
1320 19th Hole Drive
Windsor, CA 95492
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|