April Dinner Meeting & Presentation
"2011 - Better Times Ahead".
Join us April 7th at Charlie's Grill in the Windsor Golf Club for a presentation by Ben Stone of the Sonoma County Economic Development Board.
Ben Stone of the Economic Development Board will be appearing to give an outlook for the local economy in 2011. He'll explain whythere's good reason to believe that 2011 will be a better year for business. He'll also explain which sectors are likely to do particularly well and why.
As Sonoma County Economic Development Board Director in 1986, Ben was responsible to the Board of Supervisors for various economic development activities, including:
* Business Relocation/Retention Services
* Economic Sector Research, Forecasts, and Program Business Development
* Film Program
* Business Environmental Alliance
* Sonoma County Tourism Bureau Contract Administration/Program Development
After receiving his Bachelors Degree, Whitman College - Walla Walla, WA and Masters Degree, University of Washington - Seattle, WA, he worked in the private and public sectors in the Pacific Northwest.
Ben has been active in community service, including:
* Chair, Advisory Board, SRJC Business School (1990-2001);
* Member of the Board of Directors of the following organizations:
* California Local Economic Development Assn. (2007-present)
* California Academy for Economic Development, (2006-present)
* President's Council, Santa Rosa Junior College (2005-present)
- International Diplomacy Council (2000-2003)
- North Bay World Trade Association (1987-2006)
- Sonoma County YMCA (1989-1998)
- Sonoma County Museum (1992-2000)
* National Alumni Board of Whitman College (1995-2000)
- Swiss-California Foundation (2000-present)
His interests are antique maps, travel, wine, jazz, cinema, world affairs.
1340 19th Hole Drive
Windsor, CA 95492
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|