"From Barbie to Bieber: Parenting Growing Girls", Julie Metzger
The years between eight and sixteen bring amazing changes to girls' bodies, emotions and minds - changes that can leave a parent's head spinning. They may be moody, wildly social, acutely self-conscious, all in the same afternoon! What happened to the easygoing kid you knew just a short while ago? Spend an evening with veteran parent educator Julie Metzger and you'll gain valuable insights into the inner life of your growing girl, including:
- Social, emotional, cognitive, and physical changes of female puberty;
- Negotiation strategies that really work (and you'll need them!);
- Managing expectations while maintaining closeness ;
- Social shenanigans and networking in the lives of girls;
- The myths and truths of middle school girls;
- How to remain fearless in the face of an ever-changing landscape of emotions and attitudes.
For 20 years, Metzger has been an educator at Seattle Children's. Her lecture, "For Girls Only: A Heart-to-Heart Talk on Growing Up" has been a rite of passage for thousands of pre-teen girls and their mothers throughout the Puget Sound region. Her encouraging, straight-forward approach, matched with the latest research and strategies, have made her a popular presenter. Metzger's professional and clinical experiences include managing a pediatric unit, teaching pediatric nursing, and facilitating projects at Seattle Children's.
Meydenbauer Center Theater
11100 NE 6th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|