Valley Of The Dolls--- WITH PATTY DUKE IN PERSON!!!
The original date of September 24th has been postponed. We apologize, but Patty Duke has gotten the movie of a Lifetime (Literally, a Lifetime Movie) This event has been postponed due to talent conflicts.
The new date will be Saturday, November 20th, 1pm.
All those with tickets purchased for the September 24th can reschedule or receive a refund by calling Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006
By the time she starred in Valley of the Dolls in 1967 (along with Barbara Parkins and Sharon Tate), Patty Duke had successfully graduated from children's roles. But the resulting movie (which features Susan Hayward stepping into the role of Helen Lawson the cast iron Broadway barracuda, after Judy Garland was fired) quickly became cinema's most infamous critical disaster and mortified Duke and her cast mates.
Decades later, Duke, came to accept with humor and grace the movie's enduring appeal to camp enthusiasts. The Music Box screening marks the first time that Duke will appear in Chicago on behalf of Valley of the Dolls.
Academy Award winner Patty Duke, star of the infamous 1967 film, will be present for the evening. Camp Midnight kicks off the evening with a wacky, fun filled 7:00pm prime time pre-show hosted by Dick O'Day and featuring David Cerda and the Handbag Production Players that will include a costume parade, Valley of the Dolls sing-a-long at the Music Box organ and more. The 7:30pm screening (complete with interactive audience guide and hilarious running commentary) immediately follows. Patty Duke will appear on the Music Box theatre stage following the screening for a Q&A with the audience conducted by Windy City Times film critic Richard Knight, Jr. (Dick O'Day's alter ego) and Cerda. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Queer Film Society.
Tickets are $14 in advance, $17 at the door (if available).
A Special ticket of $40 will include priority seating in the center of the theatre as well as a signed photo of Patty Duke and reception at the Blue Bayou Restaurant (Only 70 tickets will be available at this price)
"Valley of the Dolls" With Patty Duke live and in person: Tomorrow, Saturday, November 20th at 1:00pm! The day has finally come! Patty is coming!
Some details are below, but not all of them, because there are surprises in store!
• Parking will be tight as there is a Northwestern Football game at Wrigley Field tomorrow, please plan to arrive early.
• There will be Valet parking available starting at 11:30am at the Music Box Theatre
• Will Call Tickets will be available for pick up at 11:30 am
• Seating will begin at 12:15pm
• Seating is general admission (there is a special section for VIP Priority Seating folks!)
• The event begins at 1:00pm
• Following the screening of "Valley of the Dolls" there will be a Q and A with Patty Duke and your hosts for the event.
• Those who have purchased VIP PRIORITY seats will also head to the Blue Bayou Restaurant ,located just across the street, for a reception with Patty Duke herself! (Sorry, all VIP tickets are sold out at this point)
We can't wait to see you tomorrow!
the box office (773) 871-6607.
The Music Box is located at 3733 North Southport Avenue, Chicago. Metered street parking is available on Southport Avenue. The Music Box is a short walk east from free street parking on Ashland Avenue. There is a parking lot one block north of the theatre at the Blaine School ($10).
The theater is near the Southport station on CTA's Brown Line and the 152 Addison, 9 Ashland and 80/X80 Irving Park bus routes.
For public transit information, call 836-7000.
Music Box Theatre
3733 N Southport Ave
Chicago, IL 60613
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|