North Portland Tour
Join us for a three-hour stroll through Portland's newest culinary hot spot. We will explore N Mississippi Avenue, a vibrant and eclectic neighborhood full of great food and lots of personality. Sample handmade goodness from tiny boutique eateries, a classic Portland coffeehouse, small-batch artisan ice cream, and award-wining food carts. Experience gourmet finishing salts from around the world, chocolate confections from our own local artisans and much more.
You'll get a nibble at 6-8 popular eateries, each chosen for its quality and creativity. You'll also savor of this unique neighborhood and discover why Portland has become a culinary destination.
Here are some of the delicious foods you're likely to taste on this tour
- sweet and savory hot crisp waffle sandwiches
- guava wood smoked, Australian flake, and Fleur de sel finishing salts
- chickpea french fries
- prohibition-era inspired cocktails
- local farmstead cheeses and artisan breads
- grilled preserved lemon chicken sandwiches
- salted caramel French macarons
- craft beer, some aged in merlot and whiskey barrels
- dark chocolate bark with local hazelnuts and sour cherries
- vanilla bean ice cream with dulce de leche and spicy rosemary pecans
* Chefs like to mix it up, so actual tastings may vary.
Please wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing. We are Portlanders, so tours take place rain or shine! Let us know ahead of time if you have any dietary restrictions, in many cases we can make substitutions.
Duration: 3 hours, about 1.7 miles of walking
Tour Cost: $65.00 (includes all food and beverage, and no third-party ticketing fees!)
Meeting Location: North Mississippi Avenue. Specific location, transportation and parking information provided at ticket purchase. (From downtown, N Mississippi is 10 minutes in a cab or 20 minutes via public transportation.)
Tour meeting location provided at ticket confirmation.
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|