The Business of Books with Jen & Kerry: How to Write a Successful Query Letter
Join publishing professionals and prolific authors Jen Worick and Kerry Colburn as they walk you through creating an attention-grabbing and business savvy query letter for your book project, no matter the genre. During the two-hour workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Compose a compelling opening that will knock anyone's socks off
- Write a query that matches the tone and voice of your manuscript
- Detail all the ways you and your book project are a good business bet
- Distill everything an editor or agent needs to know into succinct letter form
- Use examples of other successful query letters to your advantage
- Research and compile a targeted submission list
By the end of this hands-on workshop, you'll have a running start on your query letter and a clear plan for capturing the attention of the right agents and editors. A query letter serves as your stand-in, your pitch, your first shot across the publishing bow. We'll show you how to make every word count.
Jennifer Worick and Kerry Colburn are the dynamic duo behind "The Business of Books with Jen & Kerry" (bizofbooks.com), a successful publishing workshop series. Kerry is the former executive editor of Chronicle Books and the author of a variety of titles, including "How to Have Your Second Child First." Jennifer, previously editorial director of Running Press, has co-authored or written more than 25 books, including her newest, "Things I Want to Punch in the Face." They have each shepherded many successful titles to market.market.
More information about this and other events with Jen & Kerry can be found at bizofbooks.com.
Hotel 1000 (View)
1000 First Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
|Minimum Age: 15|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|