Seeds For Success: A Benefit For Plant Chicago
Plant Chicago, NFP is excited to announce Seeds For Success, a fundraiser at the Revolution Brewery Tap Room to celebrate another great year of promoting closed loop food production and building reuse at The Plant!
The event will run Thursday, February 27 from 6:00pm9:00pm at Revolution Brewery Taproom (3340 N. Kedzie Ave.) and will feature:
- Craft beers on tap from Revolution Brewery
- Seasonal dinner menu by Pilsen's own FIG catering
- Locally sourced frozen yogurt from Yoberri
- Wine pouring from Rainier Wines
- A silent auction with gifts from Comrade Cycles, Patagonia, and local Chicago artists. Visit the silent auction site here to view the items and start the bidding.
We've packed a lot into the night, including:
- A first look at Plant Chicago's new logo and redesigned closed loop model
- Remarks from The Plant's Founder and Executive Director John Edel
- Raffle prizes from local food businesses Chicago Diner, Hoosier Mama Pie Company, and Park Grill
- Tours of Revolution Brewery
Tickets for the event start at $75, with all proceeds helping Plant Chicago to plant the seeds for more success with our educational programming this year.
Plant Chicago is a nonprofit organization with a mission to promote closed-loop food production and sustainable economic development through education and research. We operate exclusively out of The Plant, a repurposed meatpacking plant in Chicago's Back of the Yards neighborhood.
This year at Plant Chicago:
- Volunteers donated over 3,000 hours to assist Plant Chicago in sustainable farm research, educational programming and materials reuse.
- Our tour program educated over 6,000 attendees about The Plant and Plant Chicago farming research operations, enabling them to take the model back to their communities, schools, and homes.
- We started the first Back of the Yards farmers market with support from local community organizations to sell produce and value-added foods from Plant Chicago farms and other tenants of The Plant.
- We expanded our staff from three part-time staff members to eight, creating jobs for educators, researchers, and farmers.
Please note that this event is a 21+ event and all attendees will be required to show proper identification at the door.
Revolution Brewery Tap Room (View)
3340 N. Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|