CRACKING ZEUS Written & Directed by Christopher Hampton
Cal Arts Alum, CHRISTOPHER HAMPTON, has written and directed a play that challenges our perceptions-- with a backdrop of the mythical greek gods, revenge, and the 1980's crack epidemic. Q&A with writer/director follows Saturday performance 12/14.
Wine and beer available.
The second weekend in December.
A part of the IMAGINESE ARTS FESTIVAL!
December 7th - 21st, 2013
***A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS GO TO THE YOUNG STORYTELLER'S FOUNDATION develops literacy through the art of storytelling.***
This three week long Festival Features:
FOUR CLOWNS' Kid Show
Sat/Sun: 12/7 & 12/8
Sat/Sun: 12/14 & 12/15
*All shows at 2pm
Fri/Sat/Sun: 12/13, 12/14, 12/15
*All shows at 8pm
IMAGINESE SCENE NIGHT
IMAGINESE FILM NIGHT (Belief & Lowlands)
At THE ATTIC THEATER 5429 Washington Blvd Los Angeles CA
Near Washington and La Brea; Free street parking
*Arrive half an hour early to enjoy Pre-show Visual Art Madness
Tickets from $7 -$42
1. Jeremy Aluma's award-winning FOUR CLOWNS is opening the festival with an exciting kid's show on SUSTAINABILITY, a favorite environmental topic among Imaginese artists. (Ages 7-11; Kid's $5, Adults $10) Fresh squeezed juice and snacks will be available.The first two weekends in December. 12/7, 12/8 12/14, 12/15 at 2pm. www.kids.fourclowns.org
2. CRACKING ZEUS :Greek Gods, the 1980's, and crack. Who are we really? Cal Arts Alum, CHRISTOPHER HAMPTON, has written and directed a play that challenges our perceptions-- with a backdrop of the mythical greek gods, revenge, and the 1980's crack epidemic. A highly thought-provoking visual art exhibit proceeds each performance. Q&A with writer/director follows Saturday performance 12/14. Wine and beer available. The second weekend in December. 12/13, 12/14, 12/15 at 8pm.
3. An IMAGINESE SCENE NIGHT, watch a roulette of material developed through Imaginese, all ready for the next stage of creation. DANCE, MUSIC, FILM, COMEDIC, DRAMATIC, POLITICAL RANTS, STAND-UP. Our top Writers, Actors, and Directors come together to explore a plethora of STYLES and MEDIUMS. Audience members choose their own adventure; the running order based on audience participation. The third weekend in December 12/20 at 8pm.
4. IMAGINESE FILM NIGHT, two screenings of Imaginese Films, the first BELIEF a dark comedy in which two best friends challenge their respective beliefs in God and Santa. Directed by Shaun Greenspan, Written by Steven Vivell. Starring Jason Greene and Arne Gjelten. (8mins). Then a feature film Associate Produced by Imaginese, LOWLANDS follows 8 stories, each in search of the ever-elusive center of Los Angeles. Directed by Russell Sadeghpour. (72mins) Followed by an inclusive Q&A roundtable, Producer's discussion and festival closing ceremonies. The third weekend in December 12/21 at 8pm.
5. MAE KOO PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT, beautiful, radical, and haunting, Mae Koo's photo illustrations, and ground-breaking photography-- all captured in one spot, for a one-of-a-kind photo exhibit. This is part of the IMAGINESE ARTS FESTIVAL, a two-night visual exhibit preceding live theatre and Imaginese films. Not to missed, this 7-8p exhibit will be accompanied by wine and beer bar, and lots of discussion. Friday and Saturday nights 12/20 & 12/21 @ 7pm; this ticket automatically gains you entrance into the performances following. See more at https://maekoo.squarespace.com
ALL FESTIVAL PASS: $42.00 includes a ticket to each festival production and two free drinks, priority seating. (Must RSVP to email@example.com each performance).
ECONOMY FESTIVAL PASS: $25.00 includes a ticket to each festival production. (Must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org each performance).
GENERAL SINGLE FESTIVAL TICKET: $10.00
PRE-SALE TICKET: $7.00 *Limited
CHILDREN SHOW TICKET: $5.00
The Attic Theater (View)
5429 W. Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|