|Saturday Dec 07, 2013 2:00 PM - Saturday Dec 21, 2013 8:00 PM | $5.00 - $42.00
IMAGINESE ARTS FESTIVAL!
Imaginese Productions presents...
IMAGINESE ARTS FESTIVAL!
December 7th - 21st, 2013
***A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS GO TO THE YOUNG STORYTELLER'S FOUNDATION developing literacy through the art of storytelling.***
This three week long festival features:
FOUR CLOWNS JR. presents 'Somewhere Like Earth'
Sat/Sun: 12/7 & 12/8
Sat/Sun: 12/14 & 12/15
*All shows at 2pm
CRACKING ZEUS, written and directed by Christopher Hampton.
Fri/Sat/Sun: 12/13, 12/14, 12/15
*All shows at 8pm
IMAGINESE SCENE NIGHT, written and created by company members.
IMAGINESE FILM NIGHT, including Imaginese short and feature "Belief" & "Lowlands"
MAE KOO PHOTOGRAPHY, beautiful, radical, surreal. Pre-performance visual arts feast.
Fri & Sat : 12/20, 12/21
At THE ATTIC THEATER 5429 Washington Blvd Los Angeles CA
Near Washington and La Brea; Free street parking.
Arrive half an hour early to enjoy Pre-show Visual Art Madness.
Tickets from $7 -$42
1. SOMEWHERE LIKE EARTH: Four Clowns Jr. who previously brought you Robin Hood at South Coast Repertory and That Beautiful Laugh at the 2012 Hollywood Fringe Festival and Long Beach Playhouse brings an interactive physical comedy for children (ages 6 - 11) about the environment and sustainability; Kid's $5, Adults $10) Fresh squeezed juice and snacks will be available.The first two weekends in December. 12/7, 12/8 12/14, 12/15 at 2pm. www.kids.fourclowns.org
2. CRACKING ZEUS: Greek Gods, the 1980's, and crack. Who are we really? Cal Arts Alum, CHRISTOPHER HAMPTON, has written and directed a play that challenges our perceptions-- with a backdrop of the mythical greek gods, revenge, and the 1980's crack epidemic. A highly thought-provoking visual art exhibit proceeds each performance. Q&A with writer/director follows Saturday performance 12/14. Wine and beer available. The second weekend in December. 12/13, 12/14, 12/15 at 8pm.
3. An IMAGINESE SCENE NIGHT, watch a roulette of material developed through Imaginese, all ready for the next stage of creation. DANCE, MUSIC, FILM, COMEDIC, DRAMATIC, POLITICAL RANTS, STAND-UP. Our top Writers, Actors, and Directors come together to explore a plethora of STYLES and MEDIUMS. Audience members choose their own adventure; the running order based on audience participation. The third weekend in December 12/20 at 8pm.
4. IMAGINESE FILM NIGHT, a screening of films developed by Imaginese: shorts, features, & featurettes. A double feature of Imaginese films make up the main course, screening the 8min short, BELIEF, a dark comedy in which two best friends challenge their respective beliefs in God and Santa. Directed by Shaun Greenspan, Written by Steven Vivell. Starring Jason Greene and Arne Gjelten. Followed by a feature film, Associate Produced by Imaginese, LOWLANDS which follows 8 stories-- each in search of the ever-elusive center of Los Angeles. Directed by Russell Sadeghpour. (82mins) A flurry of Imaginese Trailers in post-production will also be shown.
Closing the evening and Festival is an inclusive Q&A roundtable, Producer's discussion and festival closing ceremonies. The third weekend in December 12/21 at 8pm.
5. MAE KOO PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT, beautiful, radical, and haunting, Mae Koo's photo illustrations, and ground-breaking photography-- all captured in one spot, for a one-of-a-kind photo exhibit. This is part of the IMAGINESE ARTS FESTIVAL, a two-night visual exhibit preceding live theatre and Imaginese films. Not to be missed, a 7:30-8:00p exhibit. Friday and Saturday nights 12/20 & 12/21 @ 7:30pm; this ticket automatically gains you entrance into the performances/screenings following. See more at https://maekoo.squarespace.com
All Festival Pass: $42.00 includes a ticket to each festival production and two free drinks, priority seating. (Must RSVP to email@example.com each performance).
Economy Festival Pass: $25.00 includes a ticket to each festival production. (Must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org each performance).
General Single Festival Ticket: $10.00
Promo Code Pre-Sale Ticket: $7.00 *Limited Quantity
Produced by Jameelah Nuriddin, Co-Producers are Jeremy Aluma, Christopher Hampton & Ken Anderson. Curated by Jameelah Nuriddin, Trevor Davis, and Brian Sounalath. Production Designs by Jazzmyn Faulkner, Public Relations by Mitchell Colley and Jameelah Nuriddin, Marketing by Christine Scoffoni and Christopher Bostrom. Charity Liaison, Aly Fainbarg. Imaginese Director of Development, David Mack.
The Attic Theater
5429 W. Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90019
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|