The Edgewater Environmental Sustainability Project (EESP) will hold a "Green Edgewater" fundraiser at Uncommon Ground on Sunday, June 23rd from 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
48th Ward Alderman Harry Osterman will be the keynote speaker on the progress of environmental initiatives in Edgewater.
Free appetizers will be provided and a silent auction held. The well known Edgewater professional pianist Mary Clare Barker will provide live music and our guests always thrive on good environmental conversations.
Uncommon Ground has been certified as the greenest restaurant in the country and features a green roof garden, a solar electric car charging station, solar thermal and great food, so join us.
MORE ON EESP and our mission: We work closely with neighborhood Block Clubs, the business community, elected officials, Loyola University and our fellow neighbors to improve and advance the quality of life in Edgewater with meaningful actions to improve the environment and create a sustainability community.
**EESP reviews and provides input on new and retrofit development in Edgewater in order to maintain sustainable design elements and preserve the current historic architecture.
**Our volunteers actively plan,collaborate & support efforts to expand parks & green spaces, beautify corners & parkways, and establish public vegetable gardens.
**We hold recycling events; as well as forums on how to improve water & air quality; and will sponsor the movie "The Garden" this summer on the struggles of a group of urban gardeners.
**EESP has collaborated with the Center for Neighborhood Technology to present home and building owners methods to assess, and pay for, improvements in energy efficiency which have proven in the past to reduce costs and emissions.
**EESP will present its new social film before its seen on CANTV, Youtube and LiveStream.
Silent Auction Items (so far)
* Green Sky - Recycled Bird Feeder & Gift Certificate: Value $100
* Uncommon Ground (1401 W. Devon) "Certified Organic Rooftop Farm Tour" for 10 people (Value $100)
* State Senator Heather Steans "Page for a Day Certificate" See Certificate for Description ($150)
* EcoVidal Designs: One Hour Rain Garden Design Consultation (Value $200)
* Honeybaked Ham Dinner Gift Card ($75)
* DK Garden Guides on Perennial Flowers (Five copies) each priced at $13
* Professional Grade FELCO Pruning Shears (Five) each $40
* Large Oil Painting-Purchased at Granville Picture Framing size 55"w x 44"h Oil on canvas Still Life with Flowers Orig Price: $800
* Dark Brown Teddy Bear- I4 Inches from head to padded feet. Made by Russ Value $50
* Hand Bulb Planters (Five) Each $5
* Koval Organic Distillery Tour Gift Cards (Six) $10 each
* Nookies Restuarant in Edgewater: Gift Certificates (Nine) $10 each
* Bark Bark Club: Gift Basket($75)& Gift Certificate($25)
* Tru Bloom: Bottle of Cologne (Flowers Harvested in Chicago) Value $50
* Edgewater Historical Society Gift Cert for 2 Home Tours- $50 and One Family Membership to EHS-$35
* Laws of Hair in Edgewater: 12 Hair Products (Shampoo, Conditioner and multiple Gels) $100
(EESP is an all volunteer non profit 591(c)3 organization, a separate partner of the Edgewater Community Council.)
Uncommon Ground On Devon (View)
1401 W Devon Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|