30 Days to a Winning Book Proposal INTENSIVE WORKSHOP (The Business of Books)
By the end of this workshop, you will have a concrete one-month plan to create a book proposal targeted to what publishers and agents want. Bringing 40 years of experience and 40 published books between them, Jen & Kerry created this comprehensive program to illuminate each step of the book proposal process, breaking it down into an easy-to-follow 30-day plan so you can move your book project forward.
During this all-day workshop, learn how to build your proposal with a successfully proven 4-part program:
Part 1: Research & Refine Your Idea
Develop a winning book idea that will rise out of the slush pile. You will:
* Hone a viable nonfiction or fiction idea
* Learn how to research the marketplace and competition
* Brainstorm formats
* Develop a publisher and agent wish list
Part 2: Sell Your Book--and Yourself
Create a killer author platform and marketing plan that will demand attention. You will:
* Uncover the many strengths and attributes that you can bring to the table as an author
* Learn how to leverage social media and other venues to build a strong platform
* Brainstorm a robust and creative marketing plan for your title
Part 3: Craft Compelling Copy
Focus your proposal with a great title and introduction, and reel in editors and agents with compelling text. You will:
* Develop a strong opening pitch
* Learn how to create a complete, detailed outline and on-point sample text
Part 4: Submit Your Proposal
Lastly, create a savvy final package and target the right publisher. Learn how to:
* Draft an arresting query letter
* Develop your submission list for agents or publishers
* Discover the pros and cons of self-publishing
* Get a basic grasp of advances and royalties
* Put the final touches on your proposal submission.
Included in this results-oriented workshop is the Publishing Toolkit: A Hands-on Resource for Burgeoning Authors. This binder--a $99 value!--is filled with all the notes and materials to develop your successful proposal from start to finish--including step-by-step advice, helpful exercises and worksheets, key information on creating a targeted submission list, and real sample proposals that have sold to publishers.
This proven plan will shape your book idea into a solid business plan, putting it in the hands of targeted agents and publishers in no time!
More information about this and other events with Jen & Kerry can be found at bizofbooks.com.
Hotel 1000 (View)
1000 First Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|