"EDUCATION RE-IMAGINED: KHAN ACADEMY AND ITS IMPACT ON STUDENTS, PARENTS, AND TEACHERS"|
Tuesday, February 5th, 7:00PM - 9:00PM
Aragon High School Memorial Theater
900 Alameda de las Pulgas, San Mateo, CA
Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. It is a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere. Here's what Khan Academy has accomplished to date:
- Khan Academy is currently used in over 20,000 classrooms all over the world
- Over 166 million people to date have viewed Khan Academy videos
- Students have solved over 600 million Khan Academy math problems
Maureen Suhendra will represent Khan Academy at this ParenTeen Quest event. Maureen is in charge of School Implementations for Khan Academy, where she works with teachers and students to redefine what it means to be a successful learner.
Before joining Khan Academy, Maureen was a Teach For America teacher at a charter school on the border of Texas and Mexico. She is an alumna of Brown and Stanford's School of Education.
The primary issues she will address at our event will be:
- How Students can utilize the Khan Academy as a resource in High School
- How Parents/Educators can reinforce the use of this resource
- How the Khan Academy represents a change in the education paradigm
BIS Principal Pam Scott and Math Department head and teacher Michelle Mandeville will also be part of the panel discussion following the presentation. BIS currently uses Khan Academy to supplement their math curriculum.
Adult :$10 ($15 at the door)
Students: FREE! (with Student ID) Thanks to the generous sponsorship by the GATE Committee, the first 100 students are free. Student price after the first 100 is $5.
Aragon High School Memorial Theater (View)
900 Alameda de las Pulgas
San Mateo, CA 94402
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|