Tea & Empathy, hosted by sex and relationship coach Dawn Serra
Empathy is a communication superpower. When we can be present with others emotions
without immediately offering unsolicited advice it transforms relationships. Our relationships benefit tremendously from improved empathy skills.
Empathy is the antidote to burnout. We often feel overwhelmed when we don't feel seen, heard, and understood about the challenges we face. Well-being, creativity, and harmonious relationships thrive when empathy is present in micro-cultures (like within friendship groups, families, and workplaces).
Created by Kate McCombs, host Dawn Serra will be facilitating this engaging and powerful workshop, which brings people together to practice this vital skill in a comfortable atmosphere.
With a cup of tea in hand, we discuss what empathy is, what empathy isn't, and how empathy can support our personal resilience and our relationships.
Then, we transition into an empathy skill-building activity that allows participants to give and receive empathy around the challenges in their lives. Participants often comment that after the activity, they feel recharged, understood, and empowered to support others.
- Individuals looking to improve emotional intelligence and skills that build resilience.
- Couples/folks in relationship wanting new ways to connect and thrive.
- Activists, therapists, and professionals who are struggling with burn-out or stress.
- Folks with marginalized bodies/identities who would like new ways to feel seen and heard.
Participants Will Learn:
- To differentiate between empathy and strategy and why this is important
- To develop their empathy skills in order to promote stronger collegial relationships
and more effective client service
- To practice empathic reflection in professional and personal settings
Held at MOVE Studio in New West, accessible by SkyTrain, free parking nearby.
Five sliding scale spots are available. If you are interested in this option, please email me at coachdawnserra at gmail dot com for details and availability.
We acknowledge the Qayqayt First Nation, as well as all Coast Salish peoples, on whose traditional and unceded territories upon which we experience this workshop.
About Dawn Serra:
Sex is a social skill. Dawn Serra speaks it, writes it, teaches it, and she helps you learn how to develop it. She is the creator and host of the weekly podcast, Sex Gets Real, and of the annual sexuality summit, Explore More. She also lectures at colleges and universities on sex and relationships and works one-on-one with clients who need to get unstuck around their pleasure and desire. Inclusive. Trauma-informed. Queer. Intersectional.
MOVE Studio (View)
237 Nelson's Crescent
New Westminster, BC V3L 0E3
|Minimum Age: 19|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|