Relay Dance Collective is excited to present Showcase -- an evening of new choreography, and a celebration of our fifth season.
Showcase highlights the diverse voices and creativity within our group by providing an outlet for select RDC dancers to create new works. Unlike Relay's more formal concerts at Velocity Dance Center, this September performance is about taking risks, collaboration, and experimentation.
"Showcase is a vital partner to our 'mainstage' show," said Gabrielle Gainor, RDC co-founder and Showcase participant. "Relay fulfills a niche in Seattle's dance community where artists not only get to perform, but receive opportunities to become more audacious dancers and creators."
Showcase choreographers include:
- Jerene Aldinger, previous choreographer for Full Tilt and Prime
- Hailey Burt, Executive Director of SeattleDances & Choreography Honorable Mention recipient at UW
- Lilia Deering, BFA candidate at CalArts
- Megan Erickson, Producer with Au Collective
- Gabrielle Gainor, recent guest with Bellingham Repertory Dance; dancer in The Buttcracker
- Warren Woo; performing next in Men in Dance
Presented in Dance Fremont's intimate studio theater, Showcase performances include a reception with hors d'oeuvres, and a champagne or wine option included in ticket pricing. A donation-only cash bar is also available.
First showing: Enjoy a performance at 2:30 p.m. followed by a champagne and hors d'oeuvres reception with the dancers.
Second showing: Enjoy a performance at 6:30 p.m., followed by a wine and hors d'oeuvres reception with the dancers.
Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016
Dance Fremont! studio theater
4015 Stone Way N, Seattle, WA 98103
Dance Fremont (View)
4015 Stone Way North
Seattle, WA 98103
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|