Brewery Ommegang Hop Chef Competition
Join us at the 11 North Pearl Event Centre for the second Brewery Ommegang Hop Chef Competition. Local chefs will be preparing and pairing dishes with Ommegang beers based off of 5 different pairing principles.
**Those who purchase tickets by 11:59pm, May 23rd are automatically entered into a chance to win two seats at the judges table.
COMPETING CHEFS INCLUDE
Brian Bowden of Creo
Elliot Cunniff of Colonie Golf & Country Club
Marcus Guiliano of Aroma Thyme Bistro
AJ Jayapal of The Mallozzi Family
Rachel Mabb of Bitches Kitchen
Ric Orlando of New World Home Cooking & New World Bistro Bar
Jaime Ortiz of Mazzone Hospitality
Paul Ozimek of Taste
1. Simple pairing The direct interaction between food and beer - from taking a bite of the food and a sip of the beer.
2. Incorporation This is the utilization of beer in the cooking process. Using it as a marinade or in a brine, adding it to a sauce or using it as a braising liquid are some of the ways incorporation pairing works.
3. Mimicking One of the most difficult pairings, mimic pairings are the act of matching the flavor profile of a dish with the flavor profile of a beer. It is difficult because not only do you have to understand the flavor profiles of the individual ingredients of the dish, but also the beer such as the type of hops, malt and yeast being used.
4. Story Telling Beer, like food, has a great history behind it. Not just how it was made, but why.
5. Experimental This type of pairing is the most fun by far. It is finding a way to make the beer the main star of a dish, often by being the primary ingredient.
Who will win the bragging rights? And the chance to compete for the Hop Chef crown at our yearly Belgium Comes to Cooperstown festival at the brewery? Join us and see. And taste. And drink.
for the latest information regarding Chefs and event details.
11 North Pearl (View)
11 North Pearl
Albany , NY 12207
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|