03/16 Fri 8:30 ~ THE CLANCY TRADITION ~ $25 +$2 processing
The Clancy Tradition's origins are found in Ireland in the 1950s, when the Clancy family of Moy (in County Tyrone) formed a Ceili Band, playing at Irish country dances and concerts throughout Ireland. In 1960, brothers Pat, Eugene and Brendan Clancy left to tour the United States as the Irish Ramblers, playing at clubs like Gerde's Folk City and Carnegie Hall(!), and recording an album for Electra (The Patriot Game). Their musical tradition is currently being passed to the next generation with "The Clancy Tradition": Eugene Clancy on guitar & vocals, his daughter Rosemary Clancy on fiddle & mandolin, Eugen's son John Clancy on bass, Pat Clancy on piano & accordion, his daughter Liadain Clancy singing and Mike Melanophy on button accordion. We are honored that they chose the Towne Crier Cafe's stage to perform and record their live album.
More about the Clancy Tradition
* We do not reserve specific tables except for TCC members, when possible
(see membership benefits).
* Tables closest to the stage are held for dinner guests.
* The earlier you arrive, the greater the selection. The Towne Crier Cafe is an intimate room, and there are no bad seats.
* "Show Only" tables are assigned after those reserved for "Dinner & Show" parties.
* Recommended time for an enjoyable, relaxed dining experience:
Party of 2: One hour before show time
Party of 3 or 4: Two hours before show time
Party of 5 or more: At least two and one half hours before show time.
* $2 handling & processing charge per ticket.
* All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
If you have any special needs (wheelchair accessibility) or requests (sit w/Smith party), please contact us using the field below.
Towne Crier Cafe (View)
130 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564