10/22 Sat 8:30 CHRISTINE LAVIN; also special guest Don White $25 +$2 processing
Christine Lavin's smart and funny take on contemporary life and foible make for a one-of-a-kind concert. As a songwriter, she brings the shrewd insight & wit of a humor columnist together with a novelist's eye for evocative details. While the title of her 19th solo album may sound like a disclaimer ~I Don't Make This Stuff Up... I Just Make It Rhyme~ it is clear she's an expert on our days and our ways. Abundantly clever and unabashedly fond of a good laugh, she is fearless; opening her show to the audience in a way that ensures every concert is a one-off.Her music and her spontaneity are unequivocal departures from today's overly choreographed numbers and amped-up lyrics ...passing out recipes or goodie bags for people whose birthday falls during the holidays, drafting audience members onstage to join her for certain numbers and then improvising brilliant song ripostes as follow up. Her stage persona is almost that of an Aunty Mame, the bane of the family who may lower their eyes at her antics ...except everyone else can't get enough of her truth & panache!
More about Christine Lavin (incl. video) | listen
* We do not reserve specific tables except for TCC members, when possible
(see membership benefits).
* Tables closest to the stage are held for dinner guests.
* The earlier you arrive, the greater the selection. The Towne Crier Cafe is an intimate room, and there are no bad seats.
* "Show Only" tables are assigned after those reserved for "Dinner & Show" parties.
* Recommended time for an enjoyable, relaxed dining experience:
Party of 2: One hour before show time
Party of 3 or 4: Two hours before show time
Party of 5 or more: At least two and one half hours before show time.
* $2 handling & processing charge per ticket.
* All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
If you have any special needs (wheelchair accessibility) or requests (sit w/Smith party), please contact us using the field below.
All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
Towne Crier Cafe (View)
130 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564