10/21 Fri 8:30 STEVE KATZ, with special guest Fred Ball $20 +$2 processing
Steve Katz studied guitar with Dave Van Ronk and the Reverend Gary Davis. There were many other young musicians around Greenwich Village during this time who were as obsessed with American roots music as Steve. Many would look for a common ground in which to play music together and they found the common ground in "jug band" music. Along with John Sebastian, Maria Muldaur, Stefan Grossman and David Grisman, Katz formed the Even Dozen Jug Band and recorded an album for Elektra in 1964. In 1965, Steve joined Danny Kalb in the Blues Project. They recorded three albums while together in their first incarnation. Steve then became a founding member of Blood, Sweat & Tears, which won three Grammys and sold millions of records worldwide. After BS&T, Steve went on to produce two Lou Reed albums, both of which went into Billboard's Top Ten. His last official band membership was with American Flyer in the mid-seventies. Steve then went on to become a Vice-President of Mercury Records where he produced the seminal Irish band, Horslips. Steve is in the process of writing his memoirs and doing concerts, both solo and with Stefan Grossman.
More about Steve Katz
* We do not reserve specific tables except for TCC members, when possible
(see membership benefits).
* Tables closest to the stage are held for dinner guests.
* The earlier you arrive, the greater the selection. The Towne Crier Cafe is an intimate room, and there are no bad seats.
* "Show Only" tables are assigned after those reserved for "Dinner & Show" parties.
* Recommended time for an enjoyable, relaxed dining experience:
Party of 2: One hour before show time
Party of 3 or 4: Two hours before show time
Party of 5 or more: At least two and one half hours before show time.
* $2 handling & processing charge per ticket.
* All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
If you have any special needs (wheelchair accessibility) or requests (sit w/Smith party), please contact us using the field below.
All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
Towne Crier Cafe (View)
130 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564