Women in the Making Health and Social Summit for Girls 11-19
Get in on the Best Investment on Wall Street!
COME OUT AND BE A YOUNG WOMAN WHO TAKES CONTROL OF HER OWN HEALTH AND WELL BEING!!
Kick off the summer knowing better, fun food choices to make, how much you need to exercise, how to have better relationships with your friends and family, and what questions to ask the doctor when you visit. The day consists of:
* Mingling/Light Breakfast provided by 4th Street Co-op and Starbucks
* The WIM Shero Panel where we address emotional, mental, nutritional and physical health, empowering you with key tips for success
* Q&A - have all of your burning questions answered about what's going on with you socially, physically and emotionally
* An afternoon stretch at the Wall Street Courtyard Fountain of Mannahatta Park by South Street Seaport (come prepared to move!)
* Lunch provided by Whole Foods Market TriBeCa
* Goodie Swagbags with fabulous gifts from Manic Panic, Best Bones Forever!, B.B. Hair Supply, Eden Body Works and more!
* Raffle items from WBAI's Gary Null and Nathalie Thandiwe; family fitness packages; Inner G Training; Natural Gourmet Institute for Health & Culinary Arts; "Healthy Hedonist" and "Voluptuous Vegan" cookbooks from top health chefs Myra Kornfeld, Fran Costigan and more!
* Network with women in the making from around the city
LIMITED SEATING - - ADVANCE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED - - ID REQUIRED FOR ENTRY INTO STUDIO - - NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR
Women in the Making: Tomorrow's History Today airs Every 2nd Wednesday at 2:00 PM on WBAI Radio 99.5 FM
Streams live at www.wbai.org
Hosted by Desi K. Robinson, Women in the Making: Tomorrow's History Today (WIM) is the health and lifestyle radio show that highlights the views, perspective, questions, goals and accomplishments of today's girl. Each show's topic features a discussion with a young lady that's demonstrated leadership in that area along with a 'shero' adult mentor that has expertise on the issue. WIM covers a full range of topics from images in the media, finances and school to healthy eating, careers and the role of girls and women in revolutions around the world.
Fun, Hip, Meaningful Edutainment.
www.Facebook.com/DesiKWIM ("Like" it!)
http://archive.wbai.org/show1.php?showid=voices (show archives)
WBAI Radio Wall Street Studios
120 Wall Street, Tenth Floor
New York, NY 10005
|Minimum Age: 11|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|