RECSI March Dinner Meeting & Presentation
Program: Small BIM
Building information modeling (BIM) is a technology and project delivery process that has increasingly replaced the more traditional methods of design and construction documentation. Historically, the use of tools like Autodesk's Revit has been restricted to large firms. However, with increasing pressure to maximize resources and productivity, smaller firms are exploring BIM as an alternative workflow tool and this program can help you decide if BIM is right for you.
- Review the background of how BIM became a part of the AEC toolbox.
- Discuss the specific ways in which BIM software differs from the more traditional drafting programs like AutoCAD.
- Identify ways in which BIM can be used to increase productivity of the smaller firm.
- Review the learning curve and implementation track for converting your office to BIM.
- Discuss the future of this technology and how it may impact the need for the traditional project specifications.
Education Credit: 1.0 units AIA/HSW and .10 CSI CE units.
Guy Messick, Director of Design Technology TLCD Architecture
"Design is an innovative process to determine the best way to arrange elements, and BIM is the tool TLCD uses to implement the design."
Trained in fine arts, design, and woodworking, Guy finds architecture to be the profession that best unites these disciplines. Guy recognized early on that the adoption of digital technologies in the architectural profession would dramatically change how information is shared and developed across all stages of the design process. With strengths in both design and technology, Guy has blazed a trail at TLCD Architecture and propelled the firm into a leadership position in Building Information Modeling. As the Director of Design Technology, Guy balances his work as a project architect with the education of the firm and the AEC community at large. Leading the way with TLCD's consulting services, Guy assists businesses in developing comprehensive plans to implement BIM into every facet of the design process from schematic design to construction and post occupancy.
Charlie's Grill, Windsor Golf Club
1320 19th Hole Drive
Windsor, CA 95492
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|