La Jolla Tours (Summer 2010)
La Jolla is home to one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world, full of scenic views and abundant wildlife. Its village of boutique shops, art galleries, fine restaurants, and visitor attractions makes La Jolla a tourist paradise.
Join us for a 5-hour afternoon tour, which includes options for ample free time to explore on your own.
A TourGuideTim La Jolla expert will take you on a guided bus tour from Downtown San Diego to La Jolla. You will learn what makes La Jolla such a unique place that attracts visitors from around the world. For example, did you know La Jolla has the most expensive housing market in America, its Ecological Reserve has more documented marine life than anywhere else in the world, and that Charles Lindbergh set the long distance record for motor-less flight by flying off a local hilltop?
"There is a surprise around every corner. Absolutely Brilliant!" - Jan from Derbyshire, UK
"Tim, your tour leader, is a walking encyclopedia relative to LaJolla, San Diego and California in general. This tour is WELL WORTH your time and money" - Melanie from Brighton, MA
"What a great way to spend an afternoon in San Diego." - Brigid from San Diego
For Visitor Reviews, visit the website above or Yelp.
Sightseeing Tour Details:
Times shown below are approximate. Reservations are recommended by 5PM the evening prior to your selected tour date to guarantee availability.
*****MAIN TOUR - $46*****
Select 'Guided Bus Tour' to enjoy the expert guided charter bus tour from downtown San Diego to La Jolla. The tour will include:
* A stop on Mount Soledad to enjoy panoramic views overlooking La Jolla, San Diego, and the Pacific Ocean.
* Drive through the Village of La Jolla to get a preview of art galleries, boutique shops, and spectacular coastline you will enjoy later in the afternoon.
* Drive through La Jolla Shores to see one of the finest beaches and largest mansions in Southern California.
* Continue through Torrey Pines, home of the rare Torrey Pine tree, famous research institutes, and historic Gliderport.
* Stop at the Torrey Pines Golf Course, which hosted the 2008 U.S. Open, for time to stretch our legs, take pictures, and look for a souvenir at the Pro Shop.
* Return to the Village of La Jolla, where guests will have a little over 1.5 hours of free time to walk around La Jolla Cove and visit the Village shops.
* Summer Sale: Make your reservation at least 7 days in advance to receive $10 off the Main Bus Tour.
* If you want to spend more time shopping in the Village of La Jolla, you may depart the tour when we first arrive in the Village (skipping La Jolla Shores and Torrey Pines). Just let us know during the tour and we'll drop you off to spend over 3.5 hours of shopping and enjoying the coastline.
* If you want to lounge at the beach in La Jolla Shores or rent kayaks or snorkel gear to explore the Ecological Reserve, you may depart the tour in La Jolla Shores (skipping Torrey Pines). Just let us know during the tour and we'll drop you off to spend 2.5 hours at the beach before we pick you up for the return trip to San Diego.
**Walking Tour** For an extra $12 ($58 total), add a 1.5 hour walking tour of the coastline. Instead of shopping during the last 1.5 hour of our time in La Jolla, learn about the local wildlife from seals and sea lions to brown pelicans and cormorants as well as learn about the pioneering women who made La Jolla what it is today. (See the Notes section below for more details.)
**Bike Tour** For an extra $35 ($81 total), add a 2 hour guided bike tour with Hike Bike Kayak from the top of Mount Soledad (822 feet above sea level) down to the Village of La Jolla and continue through the local beach communities before ending in La Jolla Shores. Guests will be dropped-off on Mount Soledad (skipping the remainder of the bus tour) and picked up in La Jolla Shores for the return trip to San Diego.(See the Notes section below for more details.)
**Kayak Tour** For an extra $35 ($81 total), add a 1.5 - 2 hour guided kayak tour with Hike Bike Kayak over the La Jolla Ecological Reserve to learn about the local marine life and if conditions permit, explore the sea caves burrowed into the side of the beach cliffs. Guests will be dropped-off in La Jolla Shores (skipping the visit to Torrey Pines and free time for shopping in the Village) and then picked up for the return trip to San Diego. (See the Notes section below for more details.)
**Snorkel Tour** Same details as the Kayak Tour.
**Surf Lesson** For an extra $52 ($98 total), add a 1.5 hour group surf lesson with the world-famous Surf Divas. Lesson includes a half-hour lesson on the beach before entering the water to catch the calm waves. Guests will be dropped-off in La Jolla Shores (skipping the visit to Torrey Pines and free time for shopping in the Village) and then picked up for the return trip to San Diego. (See the Notes section below for more details.)
Come see what La Jolla has to offer through the eyes of expert insiders.
Guided Bus Tour & Walking Tour are provided by TourGuideTim, Inc.
Charter service is provided by Coach America, local operator of Gray Line Tours.
1050 Kettner Boulevard
(East Side of Santa Fe Train Station)
San Diego, CA 92101
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|