Annual thaw Spring Fashion Show for HDSA
thaw is Seattle's annual spring fashion show & fundraiser featuring independent designers. Proceeds benefit the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HDSA) to fund social services and research.
thaw 2010 DESIGNERS
Heilyke, Jill Lindsey, Michael Cepress, Wyatt Orr and Seamless in Seattle Alumni Winners
Pret a Porter (machine wash) - $75/person
* general admission seating
* Beauty.com touch-up bar
* open bars hosted by ABSOLUT Vodka, Des Voigne Cellars, Finamore Spirits, Georgetown Brewery, Two Beers Brewing and Seattle Magazine
* vitaminwater zero lounge
* amuse-bouches served by Via Tribunali
* six month subscription to Seattle Magazine (remember to check the box during checkout allowing the event's promoter to contact you)
Haute Couture (dry clean only) - $250/person
* all of the above with reserved seating
* smartwater Lounge with amuse-bouches served by Barolo, Ohana, Paragon, Hitchcock and Tango
* Beauty.com gift counter
Custom Tailored for Ten - $3,000
* all of the above with reserved seating for ten people
* personal concierge dedicated to your enjoyment and experience from the time you and your guests arrive until you are safely on your way home.
thaw 2010 SPONSORS
ABSOLUT Vodka, Beauty.com, Bowie Salon and Spa, Marios, Seattle Magazine, Via Tribunali, vitaminwater zero and smartwater
thaw 2010 CONTRIBUTORS
Barolo, Butler Valet, Caffe Vita, Des Voigne Wine Cellars, Finamore Spirits, Georgetown Brewery, Heffner Management, Jaxx, Ohana, Paragon, Park La Fun, Patisserie Natalie, Hitchcock, Sway and Cake, Tango, Two Beers Brewing
LIVE AUCTION - a short list of exclusive items, including:
* September Fashion Week in New York - tickets to the DKNY, Lela Rose, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors runway shows.
* One-of-a-kind bag, handmade by Paul Frank.
thaw SHOP - The thaw Shop is on-site and open exclusively on the night of the event. Guests can peruse and purchase accessories procured from local designers. 100% of sales benefit HDSA.
HUNTINGTONS DISEASE (HD)
Huntington's Disease is a devastating, hereditary, degenerative brain disorder for which there is, at present, no effective treatment or cure. HD slowly diminishes the affected individual's ability to walk, think, talk and reason. Onset of HD can occur anytime between birth and 80 years of age. The affected person experiences years of slow, painful mental and physical deterioration. Each child of an affected parent has a 50/50 risk of inheriting Huntington's Disease.
HUNTINGTONS DISEASE SOCIETY OF AMERICA (HDSA)
HDSA is a national 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for Huntington's Disease. HDSA also provides vital support, information and educational services to improve the lives of those affected by HD
Watch a short video of personal stories told by people affected by HD at: http://www.huntingtonsdiseasedocumentary.com/
"thaw Fashion Show spotlights fresh designers from Seattle in a funky-glam evening with gimme-gimme auction items such as tickets to Fashion Week Shows in NYC, a fierce runway show and people-watching crowd of hipsters.
- Seattle Magazine, May 2009
"Seattle's essential showcase of new and emerging regional fashion design talent. And it's a great party with amazing auction items to boot.
- Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, May 2009
SODO Commerce Building
66 South Hanford Street
Seattle, WA 98134
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|